Static NBS Thread 99-07c

So I started to get my parts in for my drop. I'm gonna be replacing my bj's and possibly tre's if they're bad.

Are these the correct MOOG part #'s for my application? 04 2wd RCSB:

MOOG K6540 Ball Joint, Upper
MOOG K6539 Ball Joint, Lower
MOOG EV370 Tie Rod
MOOG ES3492T Tie Rod End

Getting anxious now that I have half of my parts sitting in the garage..

a6937814-95ef-8910.jpg

a6937814-9603-1b6c.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ive got an 01 silverado single cab with the 2" leveling shackles and im wanting to do a 4/6 drop but im not wanting to hunt down different parts, i know there's kits but not real sure which one is the one to go with or if it would be cheaper to get the parts sepererate, this has been bugging me for months any help would be appreciated

2" Coils, 2" drop spindles, flip kit, c-notch, shocks for the application, done. Just got everything minus shocks from one vendor, and shocks from another.

So I started to get my parts in for my drop. I'm gonna be replacing my bj's and possibly tre's if they're bad.

Are these the correct MOOG part #'s for my application? 04 2wd RCSB:

MOOG K6540 Ball Joint, Upper
MOOG K6539 Ball Joint, Lower
MOOG EV370 Tie Rod
MOOG ES3492T Tie Rod End

Getting anxious now that I have half of my parts sitting in the garage..

Yea they're all right

I like mcgaughys. What wheels are you running? I think getting the 16"+ spindles would be best, 2" drop coils then flip kit in the back with stock shackles and a c-notch will give you a 4/6 drop. If you want more all you have to do is pull the 2" coil out and go to a 3" drop coil and rear just install drop shackles and you can get 5/7-5/8 drop. I ran the belltech street performance shocks on mine and loved them. A stiff shock that helps alot with bottoming out but I was around 8" in the rear or 9" when I got my bedcover and i bottomed out a bit in the little c-notch. At 4-6 you wont have very many problems with bottoming out with a good shock and decent roads.

Edit: Typically, its a bit cheaper to keep an eye out for used parts. You can usually find someone that was dropped and then is bagging like I did and you can get the flip kit from them. Spindles you can find if someone is taking drop off to go back to stock or lifting but spindles and flip kits are perfectly fine buying them used. The coils and shocks I would buy new and wouldnt really bother buying a used notch. Dont want it to be cracked from bottoming out or the removal of it.

Last edited:
I like mcgaughys. What wheels are you running? I think getting the 16"+ spindles would be best, 2" drop coils then flip kit in the back with stock shackles and a c-notch will give you a 4/6 drop. If you want more all you have to do is pull the 2" coil out and go to a 3" drop coil and rear just install drop shackles and you can get 5/7-5/8 drop. I ran the belltech street performance shocks on mine and loved them. A stiff shock that helps alot with bottoming out but I was around 8" in the rear or 9" when I got my bedcover and i bottomed out a bit in the little c-notch. At 4-6 you wont have very many problems with bottoming out with a good shock and decent roads.

Edit: Typically, its a bit cheaper to keep an eye out for used parts. You can usually find someone that was dropped and then is bagging like I did and you can get the flip kit from them. Spindles you can find if someone is taking drop off to go back to stock or lifting but spindles and flip kits are perfectly fine buying them used. The coils and shocks I would buy new and wouldnt really bother buying a used notch. Dont want it to be cracked from bottoming out or the removal of it.

right now i have the ls stock rims off an 03 with 235/65/16's on em and im just gonna leave those til i get the tahoe 20's. also im seeing that all the coils are for v8's and theyre saying itll sit lower in the back

Last edited: