Static NBS Thread 99-07c

ja3e3ese.jpg

Just put my Classic hood and grille on with the HD top cap. trucks finally making some progress..

This might be a dumb question but what needs to be done to make the HD cap fit? Just bought one and thought it would just for right on but my grille was interfering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be a dumb question but what needs to be done to make the HD cap fit? Just bought one and thought it would just for right on but my grille was interfering.

On some trucks there might be enough gap to fit it without relocating the bumper otherwise the bumper needs to be lowered

Okay, judging by the mounts It looks like I could pull the bumper off and re-drill the mounting holes down. Does that sound right?

How ironic is that shit though, I have a 1.5" gap between my headlights and bumper, and it's still too damn small for the HD cap.

not ironic at all. the hd bumper cap was designed for a 2" bigger frame to fill the gap just like the 1500 cap does. most hd caps installations are gonna require you to lower the frame horns. which I plan on doing.

did this but it up to the light or what? also how did you cut the horns off? almost like z'ing the frame for a body drop?

I just cut where the bumper brackets are and re welded the 1 3/4" lower I also put a plate on top and on the bottom to cover the gap that's left from lowering the mounts.

Last edited:
ryan did you ever retrofit those projectors?

nah not yet. might be a minute. getting some front seats to put in the back of the cc. if you get some get them from headlights quick. they offer free shipping. also for me, I have to pay shipping and tax from trs since they're located in ga

Bought from trs multiple times and never payed tax. :shrug:

Actually last purchase I made I didn't pay tax or shipping. :secret:

hmm dunno. whenever I priced out what I wanted it definitely had tax and shipping. bout 15 bucks extra. I had the 6.0s shrouds and h1 bulbs for 145 shipped.