Static NBS Thread 99-07c

Lulz...I didn't say it correlated to no rubbing with correct pinion angels...and I know it hasn't rubbed on a continuous basis as there were no grooves or scratching since I last checked nor do I hear it rub...

I've still got to figure out my pinion shit. I only have shims on the axle and it removed the vibration in certain gears/rpms.

What is the best way to accomplish a 6/8 drop? I already have everything to drop the back 8" except I need shocks. But what will I need for the front? Also can I use air shocks for a frontier in the rear?

I have a set you can have for $35. Monroe sensatrac.

Front you need drop spindles and drop coils trimmed or trim stock coils...or buy coilovers.

I have a set you can have for $35. Monroe sensatrac.

Front you need drop spindles and drop coils trimmed or trim stock coils...or buy coilovers.

How bad will my ride be if I trim my stock coils? Right now they are trimmed to roughly a 2" drop. Also would springs designed for a 6cyl truck give more drop for a V8 truck?

Are your monroes air shock? The only reason I'm looking at air shock is I still load my 4 wheeler in the bed of the truck and cant afford a helper bag kit as of yet and I want to get the stance right first.

I don't know how it will ride, I've never rode on cut springs that I can recall. Except for my old MCG drop springs that one side was trimmed for "chevy lean". I don't think it will make a huge difference. I wouldn't cut for 2+" on stock springs personally. I would get 2" drop springs and trim them. You aren't trying to net 6" drop off of just your drop coils are you?

I've been told, and read that V6 coils are a tad softer and will drop you a tad more than V8 springs.

My set is Monroe Sensatrac, not airshocks.

Last edited:
I don't know how it will ride, I've never rode on cut springs that I can recall. Except for my old MCG drop springs that one side was trimmed for "chevy lean". I don't think it will make a huge difference. I wouldn't cut for 2+" on stock springs personally. I would get 2" drop springs and trim them. You aren't trying to net 6" drop off of just your drop coils are you?

I've been told, and read that V6 coils are a tad softer and will drop you a tad more than V8 springs.

My set is Monroe Sensatrac, not airshocks.

No I wouldn't dare to try and cut my springs to drop 6". I will be using spindles and springs. I may try v6 springs and hope the truck wont ride like crap ( it already does)