Static NBS Thread 99-07c

That's all I need. I'm replacing the u joints as well. But I haven't had any rubbing issues at 8" or not that I've noticed. I run about 7.5-7" with air.

Got my xmember being made by Cody this week. Hopefully that helps with dragging my garage.

That's all I need. I'm replacing the u joints as well. But I haven't had any rubbing issues at 8" or not that I've noticed. I run about 7.5-7" with air.

Got my xmember being made by Cody this week. Hopefully that helps with dragging my garage.

I have a question
im running a 4/6 on 275/40/20 on front and 275/45/20 on back
when i got my drop done i had no rubbing issues was so ever
but yesterday on the freeway i would hear a feel some kind of rubbing in the rear.
idk if they were my tires or my spare or my drive shaft ?
and maybe bcus i was caring 3 other passengers
anyone have any ideas what it could be ?
is a 06 crew cab btw

Well it's doubtful your tires rub. My drop is lower...pull that spare, check your pinion angle and check shocks. Make sure everything is torqued well. I assume you're notched?

yes c notch premium shocks everything done by Reklez Pearland
when ever i picked up the truck from shop it it didnt rub the guy also told me to get a 2 piece drive shaft before i decide to carry a lot of people or loads so idk
Home Page

I had problems at only 7" with driveshaft and then I notched crossmembers and beat cab and still have problems at 8" now.... so I can understand there problems at only 7" especially if they have very soft shocks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
well the 2 piece ima try todo it my self or take it to a shop here local bcus my installer is on the other side of town
and according to my installer i have premium shocks with are "top of the line" .."it dont get any better then that"

I had to cut my gas tank crossmember where mine was rubbing but even now if I dont have any air in the helpers and I get on the gas when taking off it still rubs a little somewhere at 9.5" on ecsb with 1 piece

well the 2 piece ima try todo it my self or take it to a shop here local bcus my installer is on the other side of town
and according to my installer i have premium shocks with are "top of the line" .."it dont get any better then that"

It's not a simple swap like your thinking, search the 2 piece drive shaft threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Helpers or not I drive at 7"all day. And have at 8". I'm not saying it's not the driveshaft.

Do you tow or haul? If so look into helpers over a 2pc. Just clearance the bed etc and run helpers. If not just toss in a 2pc and be done.

I've got my 2piece just have to build crossmember and then install it but going to plate all the spots I notched and then ride at 9" once I roll rear fenders.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2