SDM Build Thread

sam, recharging shocks is easy. all my race shocks are that way.

most of the time it may have a small leak from in your case where the resi hose meets or the Schroeder valve. all it is is nitrogen, around 150psi of it.

The last set was because the lower seal tore from the shaft scratches and leaked out the nitro. Scratched the bearing too. Those are rebuilt fixed and sold. Still waiting on my bypasses.

cookie?

I use mine 100% different and more so than you do.

i dont know about toughness on them.

11156180_960409547316770_5624522291572769431_n_zps3mfqhq6f.jpg

im just saying you might want to look into why they are blowing, especially since you have switched brands and its still happening.

its terrain and usage. each time its lower seals or scratched shafts. Shocks also just blow sometimes. you've been lucky, but nobody else has that luck.

Use/Abuse/Rebuild

Ever thought about stone guards for the shafts, still protect them from rocks and shit but don't hold debris like boots.

Ever thought about stone guards for the shafts, still protect them from rocks and shit but don't hold debris like boots.

have thought about them, not going to do them. These Fox's were used when i got them. Shafts pitted after 4 years and i never looked before i originally put them on. Rocks arent the big problem. Calking the Fox's up in the shit happens category.

I'm coming after the CGM Grocery Mobbing Title dude, you ain't repeating in 2017!

I get what Ginger is saying. I mean I have only rebuilt mine about every other year. But if your foxes were pitted on the shafts then that is straight forward to the cause of failure. Once they loose pressure (in your case you were loosing oil, so not loosing nitrogen volume but loosing oil thus dropping the pressure) they have to be rebuilt. I haven't had any problems with my rear shocks yet, but I have considered getting boots especially if I decide to drive it much in the winter with the crap on the road that will eat the shafts right off.

I'm coming after the CGM Grocery Mobbing Title dude, you ain't repeating in 2017!

You merely adopted the Grocery Mobbing Title. I was born in to it, molded by it. I didn't see any Grocery Mobbing until I was already a man. By then it was already romp ready and the woops smooth as glass.

You merely adopted the Grocery Mobbing Title. I was born in to it, molded by it. I didn't see any Grocery Mobbing until I was already a man. By then it was already romp ready and the woops smooth as glass.

Brah, you ain't even reppin car seats yet. Bush league. I'm elevating the game!