My new build - Need help with ideas 2001 GMC Sierra 1500

fun in not looking like a work truck. the NBS GMC's need chrome to match the bumpers.

Nahhh, I like looking like a W/T. I think chrome front and rear bumper is enough with either chrome rims or esky handles for the sides. If anything id want color match before chrome but thats just me and I'm weird
*** I agree with you saying they need more chrome with 03-07 classic front end but no need for more front end chrome with the huge chrome 99-02 bumper :imo:

Last edited:
come on the 99-03 has more chrome to try to make blend in.

W/T's are not in the cool factor.

Thats what you think lol, I think chrome bumpers front and rear, handles and wheels is all you need imo, now I'm not saying if I had a SLT or SLE I would get a W/T grille :lol:

Yeah? hows the drone with the way you have it set up? If I was gonna get another dynomax it would be from bryan (ginger) and idk if he has the straight through oval like you. I also don't know if there would be a difference in sound if he has a different case and inlet/outlet configuration

I havent really driven it enough but it doesnt bother me right now.... I just through the tip on it to add a little something before i can find someone to bend some pipe to have it dump over the axle

if you put a turn down on mine, it wont be terrible. i dumped it after the rear and it was fine. mines the round case.

Will most likely sound better than my dumped straight pipe. All rednecks around here be like keep it keep it. Plz go with straight pipe low compression stock cam 4.8 Its getting a muffler

No but my roommate from college has a twin truck and he ran his straight for a couple weeks while he was deciding on a muffler, even he thinks it sounds great which is tough because he is hard core redneck...... This muffler gives it that #becauseracetruck feel even though its not haha. Buy gingers :imo:

Will most likely sound better than my dumped straight pipe. All rednecks around here be like keep it keep it. Plz go with straight pipe low compression stock cam 4.8 Its getting a muffler

SLP Loudmouth II bullet. :read:

Love the way it sounds on the Silvy.