Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

That is why I went MTZ s! I wanted claws but they were discontinued when I finally needed some! Claws are the sexiest tire of all time!

They could make so much money if they offered claws in larger sizes again. They would be an enormous waiting list for sure.

Looks good Anthony, dunes are my close second favorite wheel from weld. Gonna look sweet on 33s.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't M/T make the Claw TTC in larger sizes such as for 20s for a period when they first came out?

No I don't think they did. I'm not sure what tire to get, because I want an agressive sidewall, but something good on the highway still. I was thinking about nitto trail grapplers or toyo at2's. My brother has at2's on his dmax, and they are great tires, wearing like iron so far, but the sidewall is smooth like a car tire, the tread looks good though.

The MTZs dont look bad either, since they have the same sidewall as the claws. I'm gonna email mickey thompson and see if 20" claw ttc is in the plans

Last edited:
Trails. Love them, on my second set now. They have a little hum but nothing the radio at a normal level doesn't cover up. As long as you keep them rotated they wear well and aren't real bad about cupping either, not to mention they look killer

No I don't think they did. I'm not sure what tire to get, because I want an agressive sidewall, but something good on the highway still. I was thinking about nitto trail grapplers or toyo at2's. My brother has at2's on his dmax, and they are great tires, wearing like iron so far, but the sidewall is smooth like a car tire, the tread looks good though.

The MTZs dont look bad either, since they have the same sidewall as the claws. I'm gonna email mickey thompson and see if 20" claw ttc is in the plans

tell them because of the popularity of 20" wheels and the fact that most trucks/suv's come with 20's from the factory you would expect great sales, if they sell them in a 20. I will pre order a set lol

I'm leaning towards Trail grapplers, I wanna drive somebody's truck that has them first though.
I've had two sets of toyo mt's now, and they wear alright but the outside tread blocks feather off really easy and I'm always having my truck aligned to prevent it.

The guys that have trail grapps, how long do they last for you. Because I'm looking at about 35-40,000 out of my current set of toyos

This set only has ~1500 miles on them but the set on my old truck wore great. 295/70/17s, bought off a buddy at around half tread, and I put another ~18-20k on them and probably had 15ish percent tread left. I fully expect 40k out of these, even with my hard driving style

Ya I was looking up weights this morning for 295/55 and 305/55, all brands are E rated in those two sizes, trails are 295s 73 lbs and 305s 77 lbs, Baja mtz are 69 lbs for 305s, and A/t2 are by far the lightest, 295s at 60 lbs and 305s at 74 lbs. What would you guys pick? I haven't priced any of these yet either

I would decide for sure whether you want an AT or an MT. I was dead set on an MT and the weight differences weren't enough for me to not go with the Nittos. Like you said, MTZS are lighter by just a few lbs, not really enough to be a factor IMO. I still say trails for best overall look/performance/life

Well I've always had mud terrains, so that part doesn't bother me, and the weight of the tires is comparable to the weight of my current 285/75r16s, so weight isn't a huge factor either. I am planning to add 4.56 gears to compensate for the weight of the 20" wheels, because I just have too much of a dead spot with my cam. From all the guys I've talked to my mpg should improve or at least stay the same on 33s too.

I will probably go with trail grapplers, but I want to drive on a set before I decide on them.

I also emailed Mickey Thompson last night about 20" claws, and this was their response.
"Anthony,

At this time we have no plans. I will forward your email for future consideration.

Thanks,

Shaun Sparks
Technical Representative
Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek/Avon Motorcycle Tyres(North America)"