Le slicksierra build thread

As long as you're staying with bright/chrome rims and chrome on your bumpers, I'd stick with the eskys and do an esky rear handle too. It'll tie all the chrome together nicely. Maybe see if you can find some mirrors with the chrome caps too IMO

As long as you're staying with bright/chrome rims and chrome on your bumpers, I'd stick with the eskys and do an esky rear handle too. It'll tie all the chrome together nicely. Maybe see if you can find some mirrors with the chrome caps too IMO

This

Id do chrome caps ONLY if i could color match the rest of the mirror. Or id do tows, If i can find an OEM set for less than an arm and leg. But I get what your saying about the flow. Will be sticking with the flow for now. Depending on the paycheck situation I will order bezel, NNBS HD cap and chrome handle this week. Also coming this week is a un-dented front fender. Suppose to look at it early this week but its from a used auto parts place so I am going to check it out before I but to at least make sure its relatively close in color. If its wayy wayy off I can deal with the huge dent.

I also took out the billet insert this weekend and revived my painted GMC badge back to stock. If I go billet again it will be on an 03+ grille, and it will be a cut out replacement not insert. I didn't like the fit and installation of the insert too much. Not to mention you could still see the GMC badge mounting point.

Last edited:
And just incase everyone is wondering what I have been spending my money on since I have been home from school... here you go

picture.php

Thats roughly around $200 in just Adams products and about $20 in the local off the shelf tools like the buckets, fire hose nozzel, tire brush, absorber etc.

But the list of Adams products include:

12oz Car Shampoo
12oz Detail Spray
12oz All Purpose Cleaner
12oz SVRT or Super Vinyl Rubber and Trim
12oz Buttery Wax
Detail Clay
36oz Waterless wash, which was a Daily Special @ Adams Polishes so I went all in with the larger size.

Microfiber products include:

1 Great White Drying Towel
1 Blue Waffle Waterless Wash Towel
1 Single Soft Microfiber Towel
2 Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towel's

Applicator's:

1 Standard Wash Mitt
2 "Block" SVRT applicators
1 Hex Grip Tire Dressing Applicator
1 Hex Grip Yellow Wax Applicator

Misc:

2 Adams Bucket Grit Guards
2 Home Depot "Homer" Buckets w/ lid's
1 Gilmore Fire Hose Nozzle

I have yet to use these products all at once due to bronchitis and rain but plan on getting to a complete wash and wax later this week. So far I have used the SVRT and Detail Spray and I am in love with the products.

Last edited:
And just incase everyone is wondering what I have been spending my money on since I have been home from school... here you go

picture.php

Thats roughly around $200 in just Adams products and about $20 in the local off the shelf tools like the buckets, fire hose nozzel, tire brush, absorber etc.

12oz Car Shampoo
12oz Detail Spray
12oz All Purpose Cleaner
12oz Buttery Wax
Detail Clay
36oz Waterless wash, which was a Daily Special @ Adams Polishes so I went all in with the larger size.

Applicator's:

1 Standard Wash Mitt

Misc:

I have yet to use these products all at once due to bronchitis and rain but plan on getting to a complete wash and wax later this week. So far I have used the SVRT and Detail Spray and I am in love with the products.

Bought the same kit a while back. Love this stuff, won't ever go back to anything else.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

damn!!! That sounds like a Lott of products for under $200, being that it is Adams lol can't wait to see when ya use em

Sent from my toilet-ed HTC Rezound

Bought the same kit a while back. Love this stuff, won't ever go back to anything else.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I didn't buy a kit actually. This was all pieced together product by product over two separate orders based on my needs. Should have just bought the essentials kit though!
damn!!! That sounds like a Lott of products for under $200, being that it is Adams lol can't wait to see when ya use em

I Know it sounds like a lot but that is just because I listed everything out... Im sure its no more than any one else on here who is serious about keeping there truck clean. But I cant wait to use them either. Probably placing another order this week or next.

Whud Jew order?

Wanted to order color matched tailgate handle and bezel and NNBS HD cap but ill be on vacation down in NC in about ten days . So ill wait until a week before I get home that way I can put them right on le truck! The main thing is keeping the packages out of the parents eye. So far I have had one every week for about 4 weeks now so they are starting to get suspicious that I am blowing my college savings... which I kinda am but not horrible. When its all said in done in August and its time to go back to school I should have around 2K plus my truck will be primee. So far I have only spent around $250 on extra shit, not too bad really considering I have made 1K. But by the end of the summer I want a chrome rear bumper, Porter Cable Polisher w/ Adams Polishes, possibly a tonneau cover or mabye the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors. On top of the fender I have on order, and the stuff for my tailgate.
Dam slick sierra your ballin bro

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Gotta go all out while I can! Come late August money gets locked down tight for books and dat fuel

You will love the retrofit on the projector so far my favorite mod.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

picture.php

12oz Car Shampoo
12oz Detail Spray
12oz All Purpose Cleaner
12oz Buttery Wax
Detail Clay

Applicator's:

1 Standard Wash Mitt

Misc:

bitch get on my level, i have gallon jugs of some stuff lol

Wanted to order color matched tailgate handle and bezel and NNBS HD cap but ill be on vacation down in NC in about ten days . So ill wait until a week before I get home that way I can put them right on le truck! The main thing is keeping the packages out of the parents eye. So far I have had one every week for about 4 weeks now so they are starting to get suspicious that I am blowing my college savings... which I kinda am but not horrible. When its all said in done in August and its time to go back to school I should have around 2K plus my truck will be primee. So far I have only spent around $250 on extra shit, not too bad really considering I have made 1K. But by the end of the summer I want a chrome rear bumper, Porter Cable Polisher w/ Adams Polishes, possibly a tonneau cover or mabye the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors. On top of the fender I have on order, and the stuff for my tailgate.

Gotta go all out while I can! Come late August money gets locked down tight for books and dat fuel

I want color matched handle and bezel, but i couldnt find one that wasnt a arm and a leg.

Yep, mine either. :shrug:

my stockers fog if its wet for a few days :(

BTW, Slick, im tempted to sell my PC if your interested. I might move onto the flex, but im still on the fence about it

bitch get on my level, i have gallon jugs of some stuff lol

Oh I will get on that level! You wait!

I want color matched handle and bezel, but i couldnt find one that wasnt a arm and a leg.

I saw some on amazon actually... could get pair for around 115. Free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime

BTW, Slick, im tempted to sell my PC if your interested. I might move onto the flex, but im still on the fence about it

I will be very interested if you do decide to sell, and very close by :cheeky: