JSP's 2014 6.2 High Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM'd. a billet one would blend in too much with the grill. you need something that matches but sets the emblem apart from the grille.

Well the only thing that probly gunna be cm'd is the tail hate handle lol so cm bow tie it is. Ima have to go order some silver ice spray paint now.

Sent from Tapashit

I did it to my nnbs :shrug: went to dealership and ordered my trucks color paint, took emblem off, cleaned it, sanded it and sprayed it. Then put a clear over it. Came out great.

Sent from Tapashit

there is one thing to do that to a 10 year old truck or even a 2 year old truck but your truck is fucking fresh of the fucking lot ......take the emblem off and the tailgate handle and bring it too a painter .....that is all

there is one thing to do that to a 10 year old truck or even a 2 year old truck but your truck is fucking fresh of the fucking lot ......take the emblem off and the tailgate handle and bring it too a painter .....that is all

I'll buy another handle and bring it if I do that. Can't have my camera just hangin lol

Sent from Tapashit

Fucking srs. I won't let my 14 year old truck get sprayed paint and I damn sure wouldn't let my 2014 truck get spray painted. Idc how good u sand or paint.

for something as small as an emblem I don't see anything wrong with that. But I can tell you I would buy CM'd anything before I attempted to do it myself. Paint is tricky, unless is flat lol

for something as small as an emblem I don't see anything wrong with that. But I can tell you I would buy CM'd anything before I attempted to do it myself. Paint is tricky, unless is flat lol

exactly what i was thinking.. I can look for a cm'd bowtie but doing it myself for roughly $20 vs buying another one for 80-100 sounds alot better in my book.. ill try it out on the bowtie i took off the tail gate first then decide. If it comes out like shit, then yea ill bring it to someone, but if it turns out like my GMC emblem did, ill do it myself. Its just an emblem.. not an entire bumper. However, the tail gate handle will be done by someone

My local parts store will mix ppg paint and put it in a spray can for you, it's the same shit the factory uses except the how it's sprayed, paint is 90% prep work anyway

That is true, bad prep can come back and haunt you a yr or so down the road. Even on a part that looked perfect a week after spraying.

Hell, I've seen a motorcycle that had show quality paint, and it was done with $10 worth of paint is a spray can. And it was perfect and had been perfect for years. But the bike was prepped perfectly, the only expensive parts of the paint job were primer and clearcoat.

Last edited:
My local parts store will mix ppg paint and put it in a spray can for you, it's the same shit the factory uses except the how it's sprayed, paint is 90% prep work anyway

thats exactly how the dealership does it iirc. It cost about $14 for a can of silver ice metallic and is an exact match to factory paint. At least my greystone metallic was..

hell, brandon has a spray painted lift.. Everything is holding up good and looks like pc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.