ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

i like the first 2 choices of rim, guys will tell you to go chrome but i think those rims are awesome !!!
its weird we might be working on silverado keys at the same time tomorrow :turborofl: i hope i can get a ball joint tool if not i am going too risk doing it with a c clamp ...will post pics if i get hit in the face by c clamp i promise :crazy:

You are welcome to my torsion tool when finished. I can mail it to you after this weekend if you decide not to use c clamp. Just mail it back when done. Let me know. Otherwise good luck. I'm sure a big clamp will work.

Just Ordered 4 of these "Nitto Terra Grappler AT's" 305/55R20 (33.2" +) :up:
tires_zps21be52ca.jpg

Now I need to find some rims to respect these new shoes.
They are not cheap though.. :no: $1225 for rubber. Out the door. Broke as a joke.

Last edited:
Torsion bars are off. PB Blaster and a sledgehammer FTW. Should have everything re-installed tonight barring any further setbacks.
My neighbors must hate me as they took a serious beating in my garage. Loud as hell!

-I'll install the new handles this week and clear those lights.
-Select rims (tires will be here last week of october) - I am stuck on what to choose :(
-I've got to work on a solution for the paint peeling / minor rust around the rear quarters. Probably just grind, sand, prime and paint for a temp fix / match until spring. I hope to have a lot more work completed by then. I need the supplies for color matching my other parts.. so might as well put it on the list to do before snow flies.

Torsion bars are off. PB Blaster and a sledgehammer FTW. Should have everything re-installed tonight barring any further setbacks.
My neighbors must hate me as they took a serious beating in my garage. Loud as hell!

-I'll install the new handles this week and clear those lights.
-Select rims (tires will be here last week of october) - I am stuck on what to choose :(
-I've got to work on a solution for the paint peeling / minor rust around the rear quarters. Probably just grind, sand, prime and paint for a temp fix / match until spring. I hope to have a lot more work completed by then. I need the supplies for color matching my other parts.. so might as well put it on the list to do before snow flies.

Handles are an easy and rewarding install cause it's quick and really dresses up the truck which lights did you get?

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

I am going to clear the stock lights. Seems everyone else is 'doing it' and I caved to peer pressure.

*eyes Denali lights*

What would you do?

Personally I would buy eBay clears with the silver reflector I have had the clear denalis saved in my wish list for months because my money has been needed for other things. IMO taking the reflector out of the stock lights looks cheap and rice I would rather save the money to buy ones with clear reflectors or just keep the amber but that's just me

Got a link? I have seen a few "Clear" Denali sets for upto the '06 model for pretty cheap. $120-150.
Pretty cheap 'clear' bumper/signal lights too.

Or are you thinking of some $300 halo clears?

I don't since I'm on my phone in the grocery store lol but I'll work on it and lol no I'm not talking about $300 halos I'm talking $165 that look like OEM denalis except for a clear reflector

are you going to do a denali front end conversion? if not then those wont work. the denali headlights are practically plug and play with our trucks, they fit the same. just get regular cleared bumper lights

Ooh good point. Na not going to convert the front end I don't think.

Clear lights / Denali Lights
Clear Bumper lights
Fix / replace front bumper (rust :( )
Color match
Chrome grill

The only thing wild I might do is a HD hood or an aftermarket HD Cowl Hood or something.
I like that front lip on the hood. Nothing else in mind... but that could change.

let me find the seller you should not buy the cleared bumper lights from... the ones i bought did not clip in well, they go in on one side but i had to glue the other sides clip in... gimme a couple and ill edit the seller in

Edit: Ipexmotoring is the seller

Last edited:
Got everyting installed :) Poor rusty thing. I'll be giving that nasty corrosion some attention next.

2_zps6b040356.jpg

4_zpsf6d36184.jpg

54741f49-8053-40dd-b184-0cb2597b0c46_zps56deb5c5.jpg

With the new shackles shocks keys anr rear blocks it sits up pretty nice. Thanks for the recommendation.
Next.....

I bought some new cabling / backing plates for e-brake, then decided to get new rotors + pads and some break lines.
Working on that tonight. I decided to do that after having the wheels off and staring that them.

The cross member in front of the gas tank is starting to split from the frame on the front joints.
I may just need to pull the bed off after all to survey the damage. I didn't want to entertain a shortbed
conversion this early in the game.. especially where I wanted to get my motor swap completed first.
I am hoping I can just cut away and treat what is there and then weld on some new plating.

Rust sucks.