Discussion: 2003-2007 GMT800 (NBS) LED cluster conversion

For those of you that did the strip methods, how has it been holding up for you? Any issues with ebay leds burning out? Think I'll tackle all the interior this spring when it warms up. lol.

The strip leds are the way to go. The light is even, no hot spots or dark spots at all. Mine is bright as hell when all the way up and can go pretty dim before shutting off with the brightness controller.

Did your LEDs match pretty good with the strips? LEDs for window switches and shit. I'll probably use a little CA glue when I stick the strips on too.

The only problem I had with mine with strip is that part of the strip has come loose.

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Zip ties work well for the cluster

Did your LEDs match pretty good with the strips? LEDs for window switches and shit. I'll probably use a little CA glue when I stick the strips on too.

I have a WT, so only cluster and hvac leds here. I scraped the back of the gauge overlay so that blue film was gone. My cluster is completely white.

Off

eqapade5.jpg

On

asa2uty9.jpg

I just took these now, so they're not the greatest during the day.

Mines been holding up just fine and dandy. If anything, they are almost too bright at times. Early morning driving to hunt/fish I find myself turning the gauges way down and can still easily see them without being blinded. I need to do the HVAC but havent figured it out yet.

Anyone try camaro needles in their trucks? Not sure if they fit silverados, but I replaced my orange ones with red camaro needles in my s10. Just had to trim the tips to length.