Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

Nah, the tires are old, so I wasn't too worried about it staining them, but it didn't stain them anyways.

I did learn a little bit more on the process for doing this. On the first wheel I used the aerosols form, but I had trouble getting it to work right at first. On the other three I decided to try the jug and using a brush to apply it. This method worked much better for the bigger areas, but the aerosol would be handy for some of the odd places. I'm going to have to find the time to pull each wheel and give it another go since I didn't realize the barrels had clear on them too.

The majority of my time will be spent polishing after probably haha But glad you tried it, now I don't have to take my tires off I'll just get them rebalanced after

Been a while, so here's a somewhat of an update.

Last week I decided to pull the steps just to see how it would look and if I could deal without them.
705b87878a9dc63bb142eb8e0a18690a.jpg

deb04b55d0f34396ee8a8159f9ad1beb.jpg

e30c98d2ba0b6bc2a8865c69fe61cfbd.jpg

Now to the part no one wants to hear. As much as I love the look of the truck with no steps, I really do need them. Being only 5'5, my knee only comes to the bottom of the rocker, making it difficult to get in. On top of that, my fiancé is even shorter and didn't like that I took them off. So instead of putting the steps back on, I've decided to go back to my initial plans of dropping it since I still have all the parts.

The drop will consist of belltech sp adjustable struts for the front with 2" drop shackles and the block removed for the rear. I also have belltech sp shocks for the rear and will be putting the lower valence/air dam back on.

I know a lot of you think the 2/3 drop won't be worth it, but that is what I'm going to start with for now. If its not low enough for me, I'll look into going to 3/5-6. I'm also keeping everything from my current setup so I can go back to it if I don't like the drop.

Hopefully I'll get everything installed within the next couple of weeks, just have to find the time to do it. I'm going on vacation at the end of June and want it all done before I leave, so I'll make time if I have to.

In the mean time, here are a couple of photoshops I've done of the drop recently.

a3d5a591729c0ae980ea9c5f84ec4bf9.jpg

15f835a0767e057d6aa0c296d871bcaf.jpg

I decided to go on and get the drop installed yesterday. Went fairly smooth for the most part. Had some trouble getting the bolt out of the leaf spring, so I took it off of the axle and was able to pull it to the side enough to drop it down in between the bed and the hanger. I also had to trim quite a bit of the bumpstops off to have some clearance since they were resting on the axle when the truck was on the ground. No issues with the front other than dealing with the strut coil compressor. My electric impact didn't have enough torque to tighten them, so had to do it by hand. Took about 8 hours overall and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It still needs aligned (getting done Tuesday) but its measuring 34" front and 35" rear. Seems to ride good as well. This is the best picture I have at the moment, but I'll get some more once I get to wash it.
ee34cd4730983cc92b595a8d4ad17ddc.jpg

Looks much better. I'd say 1 more inch out back once you get comfortable with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looks much better. I'd say 1 more inch out back once you get comfortable with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Might eventually bring the back down some more, but I'm actually really happy with how it sits. I tow some in the summer, so the touch of rake will help out until I can get a helper bag setup.
Still have the spacers on the wheels?
No :fp: wouldn't be able to turn if I did.
1hunna shipped for spacers
I'll send you a pm, not sure if you will want them anymore.

Glad everyone likes it. Have another small dilemma though. When I was cleaning the truck, I noticed the high mount brake light has a crack in it from top to bottom. I'll obviously replace it, but don't know if I should go OEM or switch to LED and get matching tails to go with it.