De-Redneckification of Mr Pate's 03 Duramax

If it wasnt for bad luck I would have no luck.

But rim seems ok just tore off the wheel weights. When I go to replace parts I will find out more.

Well been talking to the guy who built the trans and said to try a few things to narrow it down. Found out that a caliper bolt had come off and threw the caliper up and probably made all the noise scraping on the inside lip of my rim.

I feel your pain except I found another stock wheel for $60, that's how I broke a wheel on the 04 and I put my caliper bolts I with an impact on it.

AF isn't to bad just a thin scrape on the inside of the rim.

Needs a wash and polish!

10498553_10152173515397793_8411842612660070147_o.jpg

10557486_10152174556852793_5767875780273880540_o.jpg

so much this. I would be okay with a rclb 2500 for a work/farm truck but not for a dd. I'll just hook up my trailer instead lol

i have never wished this.

if it doesnt fit in the bed, im bringing a trailer

Well I really need a longbed work truck. Problem is our shortest trailer is a 14,000 lb 20 footer, little big for my truck if it doesn't fit in the bed...

Welds are winning, rock; not so much...

Thanks man me either! I still have a lot of polishing to do. I need to wire wheel caked on brake dust off of all of them still and then fully polish the backs of 4 and the front of 2

you know what you might want to try since you are starting from scratch.

napa makes this aluminum bright shit, makes the aluminum look like it was just cast, almost whiteish. it will remove the brake dust just by spraying, letting it soak and then rinsing off

I used that shit on mine, works great on the fronts and backs, but it still won't remove really bad brake dust from the backs. Only way I've found is to use the wire wheel and remove the slightest layer of aluminum back to fresh silver. Have to be very careful and use almost no pressure on the grinder