Dakota's build thread

Oh yeah, and a little install tip, take off the heat shields on the firewall. Give's you a little more clearance to get them in from the bottom

Niice..hopefully I can get a lift to do the install, ill probably get everything in and look at it to see where I need clearance then pull them out and do whatever
I have a cutting torch at the house so I may try heating and beating so maybe I can get clearance without crushing any of the primaries

You might can, I know from the research I did before I bought them that every set seems to be different. I put a ratchet strap around my collector and the frame and tried heating/bending, but we don't have our torch at the house anymore so all I had was a little mini propane torch so it didn't do much. Some sets don't even have issues with the collectors/primaries, just have to modify the Y.

My truck had the RC kit cranked up pretty good, but it was about the same height off the ground as our tall jack stands. Wouldn't be a bad install at all on stands as long as they're the taller 3 ton kind. The hardest part is breaking the bolts loose on the stock mani's without breaking them. Soak them multiple times the day before with PB blaster, the night before really good and do it again right before you start the install. Then drive the truck really hard to get it good and hot and then break them loose. All mine came out no sweat, didn't break a single one.

Word..niice tips, dnw to break bolts
I have plenty of big jackstands to do it in the driveway but my dad has a buddy that owns a 4wd/diesel shop here in town so I may see if he will let me use one of the lifts one day after hours

Nice, that'd make it real easy for sure. Oh yeah, and take your spark plugs out so you don't break one. Ask me how I know :banghead:

I wish man..not gonna make it, in the process of limping it to a nearby parking lot to work on it I cut a pretty good groove in the tire so I'm not driving all the way to Shreve with that tire the way it is lol

I wish man..not gonna make it, in the process of limping it to a nearby parking lot to work on it I cut a pretty good groove in the tire so I'm not driving all the way to Shreve with that tire the way it is lol

Damn bro, that suckssss. Wish there was a way you could make it man.

Finally got around to installing the volant cai box I bought from juan..painted the cover as it had a few scratches and a "carbon fiber" pattern I wasnt too fond of lol may end up pinstriping it later on
20130804_162907.jpg

20130804_163059.jpg

Looks good dude. Ive been wanting to by a plastic tube not really feeling how hot my chrome one gets. Was thinking about wraping it witb header wrap but I have no clue if it would help or wat...this is how I would do it .
100_0560_zps3f9361cf.jpg

Last edited:
K&N plastic tube is only $45 on summit new, that's what I'm going to do and build my own airbox I think.

Airbox looks good but you need to remove firewall insulation looks almost as torn up as mine. Cody said he didn't notice a difference when he took his out

Last edited:
Knew I should have bought that bitch when he started that thread. Lol
Lol
Looks good dude. Ive been wanting to by a plastic tube not really feeling how hot my chrome one gets. Was thinking about wraping it witb header wrap but I have no clue if it would help or wat...this is how I would do it .
Yea I had a metal tube but once I realized how hot it got I decided to get a plastic tube..found this one at a pull it yourself salvage yard for $6 :success:
K&N plastic tube is only $45 on summit new, that's what I'm going to do and build my own airbox I think.

Airbox looks good but you need to remove firewall insulation looks almost as torn up as mine. Cody said he didn't notice a difference when he took his out

Yea I need to pull that insulation out bad

Well after school threw a wrench in my plans to get the tahoe 20s from jose, a buddy of mine came across a deal on some ltz 20s with 275/55/20 cooper discover h/t plus with 65% tread on them..lady had them posted on facebook for $450 obo so I texted her to make sure she had the center caps and offered her $350..
She took my offer so I picked up the wheels with tires/center caps/lug nuts
20130828_113643.jpg

Cleaned them up a little, no curb rash on any of them
20130828_140610.jpg

20130828_163446.jpg

Had a lot of cv axle grease and brake dust so I took care of that
20130828_164630.jpg

20130828_164639.jpg

Dropped the center caps off to have some white bowties made for them and im hoping to have the tires sold tomorrow for $200