Cornell's 2007 GMC Derpamax Build Thread

air craft stripper removes powder coating quite easily. Could save you a bunch of money. Bush on, 30 min later, powerwash off. Bare metal.

air craft stripper removes powder coating quite easily. Could save you a bunch of money. Bush on, 30 min later, powerwash off. Bare metal.

I don't want to mess with the stuff... plus they are doing it cheap enough that I'd rather they do it

Dropped my stuff off to get stripped yesterday... 300 bucks cash and it was a bunch of stuff. Glad I don't have to do it....and they are taking it to the Powder coater Monday/Tuesday. I probably would have spent 10+ hours cleaning that crap off and it wouldn't be near as clean as they will get it. Ordered Poly bushings for the LCA's, and rear leafs, new balljoints all around....Also ordered SS extended brake lines. I think I'm just going to be proactive and get new front wheel bearings and slap them on since I have everything apart too instead of having to tear it apart in a few thousand miles possibly. Mine were fine but eh.

Last edited:
Dropped my stuff off to get stripped yesterday... 300 bucks cash and it was a bunch of stuff. Glad I don't have to do it....and they are taking it to the Powder coater Monday/Tuesday. I probably would have spent 10+ hours cleaning that crap off and it wouldn't be near as clean as they will get it. Ordered Poly bushings for the LCA's, and rear leafs, new balljoints all around....Also ordered SS extended brake lines. I think I'm just going to be proactive and get new front wheel bearings and slap them on since I have everything apart too instead of having to tear it apart in a few thousand miles possibly. Mine were fine but eh.

Nice, excited to see progress. $300 is definitely money well spent to have them stripped, screw doing all those parts by yourself.

lol a couple people asked me. it was eh.

I had a dream last night American Force sent my wheels super late and they fucked up the order and sent me x12s instead of x14's I actually woke up and was mad for a second :lol:

Was bored today so I took the rest of the 4-6 off and blocked the front up so when I get it back from powder I'll be ready to go.

The people that are dipping my stuff were still working on the leafs since they weren't happy with them. They called and said they were trying a different chemical.

The front in this pic is at 51" I'm guessing I'll be around 54-55 when done.

4y6yqyga.jpg

u8usyjap.jpg