Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion 123123

What's a good size 35 series tire to run on a 24? Probably on a 9.5 or 10" wide wheel. Will a 275/35/24 ride a lot better than a 275/30/24

No such tire as a 275/35/24. 285/35/24 is the smallest 35 series 24" tire.

You're ride is not going to improve that much on a bagged vehicle. For instance, i run 275/30/24 and my truck rides like a Cadillac.

In the last 3 weeks ive put 3 different tire and wheel sizes on it, and i noticed a significant difference going from a 275-30-24 to a 295-35-24, and then again going from a 295-35-24 to a 305-30-26. For driving daily up here in michigan, i dont think i could do it on a 275-30-24 tire, i could feel everything. When i put on a 295-35-24 tire on the same rims, it was a night and day difference, it adds nearly 2" to the overall diamiater of the wheel, and it felt much better driving on. It felt more like my new, non bagged, silverado, i liked it a lot.

When i swapped on the 305-30-26, it felt more like the 275-30-24 i ran, but it was an improvment over that for sure, and i felt like i could drive on it regularly.

Im either going to run a 295-35-24 with a billet wheel on the truck, or a 305-30-26 with a cast wheel on the truck. I dont think i trust the 305-30-26 enough to run a billet 26, but maybee it will grow on me, idk. On my old ram 1500, i had a 24" billet wheel and bent two of them with a 275-30-24 tire, so im all ways a bit cautious with billet wheels and small tires

In the last 3 weeks ive put 3 different tire and wheel sizes on it, and i noticed a significant difference going from a 275-30-24 to a 295-35-24, and then again going from a 295-35-24 to a 305-30-26. For driving daily up here in michigan, i dont think i could do it on a 275-30-24 tire, i could feel everything. When i put on a 295-35-24 tire on the same rims, it was a night and day difference, it adds nearly 2" to the overall diamiater of the wheel, and it felt much better driving on. It felt more like my new, non bagged, silverado, i liked it a lot.

When i swapped on the 305-30-26, it felt more like the 275-30-24 i ran, but it was an improvment over that for sure, and i felt like i could drive on it regularly.

Im either going to run a 295-35-24 with a billet wheel on the truck, or a 305-30-26 with a cast wheel on the truck. I dont think i trust the 305-30-26 enough to run a billet 26, but maybee it will grow on me, idk. On my old ram 1500, i had a 24" billet wheel and bent two of them with a 275-30-24 tire, so im all ways a bit cautious with billet wheels and small tires

so you've been driving it and haven't posted pictures yet? Why you hold out on us? What size wheels and tire brands? there's no way I'd do all the work to correctly clear for a 35 series 24" tire. My truck on with kumho 275/30/24 on 24x9.5 ride better than any stock truck I've ever rode in.

Im holding off on pictures untill i can get the wheels and tires i actually plan to run on it all figured out and done, im not really much of a build thread guy for my own stuff, but once i get back from sema and the shop calms down from this massive rush we had, I will post pictures of breaking it all down for powder coat, and putting it all back together.

Typically on any of my personal trucks, i will run Nitto tires because there free usually lol. I think all three tire sizes ive tested have been Nitto, and right now im just testing on them on cheeper cast wheels, so i can figure what i actually want to have on the truck, and get that process going. I honestly think the un-easy and uncomfortable on the 275-30-24 may be partially in my head. I had to run that tire size on a 24x9 billt wheel a while back for a truck i was building, and with under 100 miles on them, I centered a pot hole that ripped two wheels apart, and thats back wheen 24" billets were 1k each haha, it hurt lol. I never had the problem before or after with a 295-35-24 or 305-35-24, driving the same roads every day. They just feel more comfortable to me. Whos to say how good each one rides, I mean its all up to the person who is driving and how they feel, but they just make me feel a bit unsafe.

Taylor

I hated my nitro 420s. They sucked And I only got like 15,000 miles out of them on a static truck. Bigger series tires do ride better than smaller ones but with the amount of work to lay a 35 series compared to the 30 series is quite a bit. Bag, shock, and suspension have a larger effect on ride than tire size is what I'm getting at.

I went through 3 different bags, and 3 different shock and shock mounting combinations before getting the perfect setup for me.

Really? wow, i have had the same set of 420s in 295-35-20 on my car daily for 50k now, there still doing great. Ive all ways had great results with nitto tires, i even love my Trail Grapplers i have on my new silverado, and ive gotten 40k out of them all ready, most peple say they can only get 30k out of them, but mine appear to be going strong still.

oh well, ill take it haha

Taylor

I hated my nitro 420s. They sucked And I only got like 15,000 miles out of them on a static truck. Bigger series tires do ride better than smaller ones but with the amount of work to lay a 35 series compared to the 30 series is quite a bit. Bag, shock, and suspension have a larger effect on ride than tire size is what I'm getting at.

I went through 3 different bags, and 3 different shock and shock mounting combinations before getting the perfect setup for me.

What shocks do you run front and back Brett? I heard the ones that come with the kp kit aren't very stiff and I need a stiff shock.

No, they've been replaced with a new shock now. All you need is a shock that's 12" collapsed and 21" extended. Qa 1 has a bunch of different options

No such tire as a 275/35/24. 285/35/24 is the smallest 35 series 24" tire.

You're ride is not going to improve that much on a bagged vehicle. For instance, i run 275/30/24 and my truck rides like a Cadillac.

Thanks, I just threw a random size out there for the 35 series but you get the point lol.

Taylors holding out on us

Xd7U5.jpg

:sweetjesus::megustamucho:

nbs cc's are my favorites. Best looking trucks imo.