Alecks' hopes and dreams thread.

They run free shipping all the time, would rather buy online than to use 1/3 tank of gas to go get it lol.

Very true, very true lol. I usually go down there a couple times a year to pick stuff up just because tho. That used to be my stop during my trips to/from school lol

Got a headache trying to choose a muffler but I give up. Went ahead and got the XR-1 and 5" tip from Summit. Will install sometime next week

You get the tip I posted in fapbox? I like summit. Decent prices and it always gets here quick.

I like summit because I'm about 4 hours from Sparks/reno. So I get stuff in 1-2 days. But if it's not in stock there then it takes a week to get it from the other side of the country lol

It's killin me waiting for Muffler and tip not wanting to drive truck without it lol. I'm getting like 8mpg right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

It's killin me waiting for Muffler and tip not wanting to drive truck without it lol. I'm getting like 8mpg right now

fuel mileage wont be effected by a muffler :shrug:

correct, it makes no difference on fuel mileage, or the stupid backpressure everyone thinks is needed.

What running no muffler will do is make you sound like a badass when you drive by slowly lol. And I noticed I lost a good bit of power when I had to put my stock manifolds and cats back on, lost 4 mph in the quarter

You do need some back pressure.. Just not much. Just straight pipes is enough back pressure. Only way you'll have problems is running open headers lol. Float valves easily

Sent from Tapashit

Contrary to popular belief, I've actually been super easy on it because I don't want to get an exhaust ticket. Maybe it's in my head lol idk, but with a Muffler back on it I'll at least think I'm getting better mileage

You do need some back pressure.. Just not much. Just straight pipes is enough back pressure. Only way you'll have problems is running open headers lol. Float valves easily

Sent from Tapashit

I agree with this. But I have run open headers with just 12" turndowns after them to keep the o2 sensors happy and she runs like a raped ape like that. I can tell a loss in power whenever I have my full exhaust on and even more loss when I put stock exhaust back on. I do believe that headers really help these engines but only with a good free flowing exhaust