Alecks' hopes and dreams thread.

a job anywhere will look good on a resume, the wont think that mommy and daddy babied you or that you are lazy.

Say you have a job as a cashier at Mcdonalds, you work there for a month before you get a good job interview. During the interveiw you let them know that you got that job because you wanted to work and to make money while looking for a job in the field that you want to make your career.

They will see that you are a hard worker, and want to work, and that you only had that job to have something bringing income in before finding a job you want to be with for life.

Thats how my business is, and thats how many other people i knows business is.

a job anywhere will look good on a resume, the wont think that mommy and daddy babied you or that you are lazy.

Say you have a job as a cashier at Mcdonalds, you work there for a month before you get a good job interview. During the interveiw you let them know that you got that job because you wanted to work and to make money while looking for a job in the field that you want to make your career.

They will see that you are a hard worker, and want to work, and that you only had that job to have something bringing income in before finding a job you want to be with for life.

Thats how my business is, and thats how many other people i knows business is.

Best advice I've gotten yet :shake:

I'd suggest somewhere that is respectable such as Brookshires. Great staff, I know you know most that work there and hear horror stories about junk but man think about how "Person A" acts and their outlook on the job. They might dog the place but have a horrible work ethic. As Ginger stated above, something is better than nothing. Often I see great people needing a job but cannot get one due to the fact that they have never either retained a job or worked with the public in any way. Another great way to start out on the right foot is community services, no lie. My cousin went to school all day and had little time for a job but I kept him busy to make a few bucks here and there. The biggest thing he did was volunteer around for some things in our area and he got on with Century with no problem. They said without having anything on his resume that he would have been bypassed without hesitation. Now they are paying for his school while he works and he makes dang good money.

I'd suggest somewhere that is respectable such as Brookshires. Great staff, I know you know most that work there and hear horror stories about junk but man think about how "Person A" acts and their outlook on the job. They might dog the place but have a horrible work ethic. As Ginger stated above, something is better than nothing. Often I see great people needing a job but cannot get one due to the fact that they have never either retained a job or worked with the public in any way. Another great way to start out on the right foot is community services, no lie. My cousin went to school all day and had little time for a job but I kept him busy to make a few bucks here and there. The biggest thing he did was volunteer around for some things in our area and he got on with Century with no problem. They said without having anything on his resume that he would have been bypassed without hesitation. Now they are paying for his school while he works and he makes dang good money.

I've been considering Super 1, that's probably where I'm gonna go for now

What Bryan said.. Good advice. When I was 16/17 I worked at a car wash nearby for winter money when I'm not doing lawncare. I wanted a job that would be a step towards the career I'm getting into (law enforcement) but had a hard time finding one. Worked my ass off outside in the cold at the stupid car wash just to have some cash flow until I turned 18. Once I turned 18 I applied to work a loss prevention job at a major retailer. I had no experience in that type of work at all but they saw I was a hard worker and was eager to learn. I Had a kick ass time busting thieves and fighting crackheads when I was only 18 lol. I worked there for a couple years. I recently quit there as I will be transferring schools soon and my lawncare business consumes most of my time. But My last job should look good on a resume to whatever Police Department I apply for when I'm out of school. Deff try to a find a job anywhere that will take you. You can always quit if you find something better. Just make sure you quit the right way and give your 2 weeks and don't burn any bridges.

I appreciate the advice guys, really does help. I'll go to Super 1 tomorrow and apply!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

Got a trade for wheels and tires + 400 cash and him paying for the swap in Southaven MS :bananadance: they aren't the most pretty stock wheels, and the tires aren't brand new, but I'm okay with it until I save for what I really want.

Got a trade for wheels and tires + 400 cash and him paying for the swap in Southaven MS :bananadance: they aren't the most pretty stock wheels, and the tires aren't brand new, but I'm okay with it until I save for what I really want.

Pics or gtfo

Sent from Tapashit

Southaven is the next town over from me lol
I'll be there, you should come meet while I'm there
Quit with all this job bs and post more pics of headers installed!
Soon enough. Using extra money from wheel and tire swap to get them installed and welded up. Waiting on my ypipe adapter to get here and gotta order a new flex pipe, flange for the adapter, and the Muffler and tip
Pics or gtfo

Sent from Tapashit
Soon
please dont let them be realy crappy rims.

They're just 20" stockers, not hideous I don't think

I work at best buy here lol. Come here I'll get you a job. I work at oreillys too and we are hiring there too. Like other said, get a random job first till you find something you like better. Better to have some experience than none at all

Sent from Tapashit

I'll be there, you should come meet while I'm there

Soon enough. Using extra money from wheel and tire swap to get them installed and welded up. Waiting on my ypipe adapter to get here and gotta order a new flex pipe, flange for the adapter, and the Muffler and tip

Soon

They're just 20" stockers, not hideous I don't think

if they are 20s then they shouldnt be bad