2013 Sierra 6.2 4x4 thread

The anti axle wrap block sounds like bs to me... get taller springs or traction bars. Even my 2.5" block is tapered. It corrects pinion angle but doesn't do shit for axle wrap.

The anti axle wrap block sounds like bs to me... get taller springs or traction bars. Even my 2.5" block is tapered. It corrects pinion angle but doesn't do shit for axle wrap.

I'm sure it doesn't prevent it 100% but it probly just helps it. This is a big ass block lol

3asy5esu.jpg

te3y5ama.jpg

I've been looking at some new leaf springs for out back, I'm just not sure which way to go. Cognitos deavers are 500 a piece and I herd Fts has some for 500 for both.. So I'm not to sure yet. I do however want to go down to a 5" block though if I anything.

Sent from my fuckin iPad

Last edited:
The anti axle wrap blocks are the size iof a normal block on the bottom but 10-12" on top IIRC. They have 2 extra spring clamps at each end on the top doing the same thing as the guys that fix yoke clunk with spring clamps. The use the same principal as any lever to prevent axle wrap because they have such a large contact area with the spring and the rear most part of the block is farther back than the back of the bottom mounting pad and they spread the load out more over the spring.

The anti axle wrap blocks are the size iof a normal block on the bottom but 10-12" on top IIRC. They have 2 extra spring clamps at each end on the top doing the same thing as the guys that fix yoke clunk with spring clamps. The use the same principal as any lever to prevent axle wrap because they have such a large contact area with the spring and the rear most part of the block is farther back than the back of the bottom mounting pad and they spread the load out more over the spring.

Would this also make it ride a little better than a regular size block?

Sent from my fuckin iPad

No the antiwrap block will stiffen the ride because you are clamping the leaf packs down to the solid bottom leaf. I just replaced my spring pack with 2500 leafs last week because my stock ones were worn out, hence sitting on the bottom leaf at all times, now with the 2500 springs it rides much better not sitting on and compressing the biggest lower leaf all the time. Just my .02

No the antiwrap block will stiffen the ride because you are clamping the leaf packs down to the solid bottom leaf. I just replaced my spring pack with 2500 leafs last week because my stock ones were worn out, hence sitting on the bottom leaf at all times, now with the 2500 springs it rides much better not sitting on and compressing the biggest lower leaf all the time. Just my .02

I see. Thanks for the input!! Now on the traction bars, do they affect ride any or are they primarily just to help with axle wrap?

Sent from my fuckin iPad

Do what you want lol. That just seems kinda hokey to me.

It's going to ride worse.

I'm just trying to get all the info I need to make a decision lol. I'm not to familiar with the rear end stuff.

Sent from my fuckin iPad

trac bars made no difference in the ride of my truck. and every size block I've ever had are tapered. from 3.5" 4" 5.5"

Whats the 3rd brake light bulb numbers? Im either gunna just buy some leds to put in or order a led 3rd brake light from recon

Word, that anti-wrap block looks like a bunch of nonsense happening. just spend the money on new leaf packs and enjoy a good ride. Blocks over 2-3" tend to ride like do-do

When I get the money for leafs ill do that.. Stock block and 4" leafs. Ill hold off on the 5" block

Sent from my fuckin iPad