2003 Silverado 1500 build thread

Imo^ at least with a regular shaved gate you have the handle you can still hold on to to slow it down. Now your gates a two hand job to open.

Get easy down, use free hand to grab chick's ass, prawfit

sent from your HTC Rezound

I haz dis. Makes opening tailgate fun to do many time over. Forgot my brothers truck didnt have one opened his gate and just let it fall. Busted a strap :cheeky:

See what I mean? They do pop sometimes. :lol:

Get some of these. Tis' what I would/will do if Bohall and I install a push button gate on mine.
http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/dee-zee-tailgate-assist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W3jtzttTQTU

Edit: Don't know how to get video to embed :roflsad:

I haz dis, they are awesome. What you should do it get some of these and have the button inside the truck. That way when you stop somewhere before you get out the truck hit the button and by the time you get to the back of the truck the gate is already down.

Last edited:
I haz dis, they are awesome. What you should do it get some of these and have the button inside the truck. That way when you stop somewhere before you get out the truck hit the button and by the time you get to the back of the truck the gate is already down.

Would be the most fucking baller tailgate ever

sent from your HTC Rezound

Will be getting some of those..... my dads tundra is like that, probably the only cool thing about that truck :lol:

Im fine with the button as is, may change later on...

I was going to do this when I was thinking about shaving my gate because I have a soft tonneau cover but never got around to it.

725120FB-5C3F-49DA-9A27-E76836F9148D-14769-0000061075544E6E.jpg