07 classic vmax build thread

My truck rides like complete ass.. anybody have any clue why? Just has leveling keys and lift spindles. The spindles didn't change the ride. It's just always ridden bad lol. Running fairly new Bilstein 5100s too.

Sent from Tapashit

Riding like ass is pretty vague. Under what circumstances? What is it doing?

How cranked are your keys? UCA could be bouncing off droop stop and not giving you any down travel over bumps...

Are you getting bump steer, or stays straight but just harsh?
I always get confused, does 2wd chassis with torsion bar suspension have 4wd steering, or is it rack and pinion?

Riding like ass is pretty vague. Under what circumstances? What is it doing?

How cranked are your keys? UCA could be bouncing off droop stop and not giving you any down travel over bumps...

Are you getting bump steer, or stays straight but just harsh?
I always get confused, does 2wd chassis with torsion bar suspension have 4wd steering, or is it rack and pinion?

It's just super harsh. They're not very cranked at all, I could easily crank them more lol. Sometimes it does have bump steer. It's just super rough and the best way to describe it is that it rides like a damn skateboard lol. Like it has not travel. I'll have to check my clearance on the bumps tomorrow. I don't have rack and pinion btw

It has new Moog ucas and hubs.. So idk. Maybe I need aftermarket ucas. :shrug:

Sent from Tapashit

Also I don't understand how none of the leveled 4wd guys have problems with the ride. But mine is ridiculous.. Like I need to do something I can't stand it on a road that's not perfectly smooth! Lol every time I hit a bump, it feels as if it's almost bouncing.. Maybe it's hitting the droops

Sent from Tapashit

Shocks valved way too stiff..?
How are all of your ball joints?
Control arm pivot bushings overtightened or not greased?

And I was gonna say if you have sloppy steering look in to the Cognito pitman and idler support bracket kit... but that doesn't sound like your main issue.

Ball joints are all good. Control arms are greased and torqued to spec. I do need to do the steering stuff.. Lol

My bet is bumps too.

Sent from Tapashit

Hitting the bumpstops on up travel is 100% normal. But how often and how hard is the concern.
Are your bump stops OE or aftermarket poly? Poly will definitely be harsher and more noticeable, the OE ones are actually awesome and much more progressive.

Also if you have OE you can try to drill holes in them from the side and that will soften them up even further.

I want to put a gopro down there and ride down a bumpy road and see if anything is hitting. My keys are almost completely cranked so the front rides like a bronco. I need a true leveling kit so bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

They're oe, I'll check the droop stops in a few min lol. Lot may be hitting those. And they aren't fully extended when it droops.

Sent from Tapashit

juqavave.jpg
how do I fix this? :shrug:

Not sure if the sierras are different but on mine I loosen the three bolts that hold on the brackets on the outside of the bumper. Then I would take a wood block and put it on a jack and jack it up by the bracket till the gap is where I want it. Then while the block is still holding the bracket up I tighten down the bolts and then you're done

Thanks James! I need to try to fix it next time I have a friend to help.

umadubyn.jpg
excuse the dirty wheels, but I got some little chrome Allen bolts to fill the holes of the old center caps. Nice little touch IMO :shrug:

Sent from Tapashit