01 Sierra Build

I will be interested to see the Cen Cal style powder coating with the black steel wheels, kind of blend old and new styles

Word, I very may stick with these black wheels. I have to buy chrome center caps for them and replace the gold bolts with silver ones, but I still am contemplating a 20x12 possibly. Don't know what to go with :shrug: Looking for something kind of cheap. Don't really feel like spending a lot on wheels now, seeing how I still have to pay for more PC, rear gears, front gear installation among other things yet. Was looking at XD's but I don't know if I want to go with another black wheel or maybe something else like the black/satin diesels...

XD-Diesel-SatinBlackMachined.jpg

:ffuuu:

I called Randy's ring & pinion today and found out that the rear end Yukon 4.88's won't be back in til around the beginning of November. :okay:

Is it alright to run different gears in the front end on an auto-trac unit, as long as you never switch over to 4wd?

I called Randy's ring & pinion today and found out that the rear end Yukon 4.88's won't be back in til around the beginning of November. :okay:

Is it alright to run different gears in the front end on an auto-trac unit, as long as you never switch over to 4wd?

Yes, just pull 4WD fuse so it doesnt get put in 4wd by accident.

Alright, well the guy that was "helping out" prepping parts for my PC guy left one of my torsion bar drops in the acid barrel for a fucking week, so the metal on it is corroded. He is going to pay for the part to be replaced. I am going to call tomorrow and see what I can arrange in order to get a pair of the older style drop brackets. This way I won't have to worry about having them fixed down the road, once they decide to crack and making a backing plate for the older style brackets is much easier.

Hopefully I can get this lift done in time to get kelyzz approval, before he passes on. :okay:

Last edited:
On the other site he just said Mr. William here is taking too long with his truck and would probably be dead by the time the truck is complete.

Only a couple parts left to get back from PC, which should be in next week. Have to order a pair of Showoff torsion drop brackets with no cutouts this Monday and get those powder-coated. I have been looking at wheels back and forth now being able to make up my mind, but I think I have finally decided. I'm pretty set on the idea of 22x11 silver/machined Fuel Kranks now...

My FTS 9.5" torsion drop brackets are for sale. One of them was left in the acid cleaner too long and got pitted and the other one is power-coated with clear on top. Due to the fact one has been messed up, I am selling them at a discount. FTS wants $300 for a pair of them and I am asking $145 shipped for them both.

IMG_20120920_151910.jpg

IMG_20120920_151925.jpg

IMG_20120920_151826.jpg

IMG_20120920_151915.jpg

IMG_20120920_151842.jpg

IMG_20120920_151834.jpg

Long story short, a guy that was helping my PC guy prep my parts was the idiot to do this...

Last edited:
I am against doing chrome, so my options were narrowed down to 22x12 Black Fuel Nuts, 22x11 Satin/Black XD Diesels or 22x11 Silver/Machined Fuel Kranks. I am pretty sure this is my best option for visibility and looks overall, although not all may agree, I think they look pretty good.

$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCn-1BQQT1zj!NQ~~60_57.JPG

I am against doing chrome, so my options were narrowed down to 22x12 Black Fuel Nuts, 22x11 Satin/Black XD Diesels or 22x11 Silver/Machined Fuel Kranks. I am pretty sure this is my best option for visibility and looks overall, although not all may agree, I think they look pretty good.

$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCn-1BQQT1zj!NQ~~60_57.JPG

Buy a set of black 22x14s and strip them and have them polished?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want x14s and as for the polishing end of it, they might not come out very well. That would be a lot to spend to have them turn out looking poopy.