Obs lift suggestions

Exact setup I want for my 88 when its done

still 7.5" of tire, thats about the same as my 04 with 265/70R17s

u want the top one? imo thats too much rim not enough tire id think the ride would be rougher then the second pic.
just my personal preference i dont like the look with huge rims with not so much tire on a lifted rig i think it looks better with decent size rims with a more beefy tire to absorb more of the road bumps and whatnot to make the ride a bit better. just my opinion

u want the top one? imo thats too much rim not enough tire id think the ride would be rougher then the second pic.

Yes I want 22x14s on 35x14.50s for my 88 with 6"+3"+1"crank so it would be 10"ish front 7"ish rear lift, just not sure if I want XD Diesels or Fuel Hostages. Not worried about ride have 04 DD, DNW to DD cencal style truck in Iowa.

Yes I want 22x14s on 35x14.50s for my 88 with 6"+3"+1"crank so it would be 10"ish front 7"ish rear lift, just not sure if I want XD Diesels or Fuel Hostages. Not worried about ride have 04 DD, DNW to DD cencal style truck in Iowa.

to each his own i guess just not a big fan or the cencal truck thats just me i mean they r nice but not my preference

BDS makes a nice obs lift, there were a few guys on fsc and gmfs that loved them.

i remember you previously saying bds was good, just reallllly expensive 2k+ (from the site i found)

i know in the long run ill probably end up spending a pretty penny with BL, suspension lift, wheel and tire combo, and all the other things i will probably need ( steel brake lines, etc)

Last edited:
ok im gonna get the rcx when i save up some money, what shocks should i get if the ones that come with it arent great? they have the original Hydro 8000 shocks, Nitro 9000, or Perf. 2.2?

they are very stiff so they cause a rough ride.

dnw rough ride, although i know it wont be smooth and shit like a luxury car but whatever i can do to help! shit i could probably pickup some bilstein shocks and sell the ones that come with the kit on craigslist to get some money back, if i find the right person they may pay me my money back lol

^^this

Bilstein will be your best friend, at minimum, run Monroe's monotube

i originally was gonna get the monroes to run now bc my mechanic recommended them and when i got the truck from my neighbor he said the front needed shocks but i havent replaced them yet so i may see if i can just get bilsteins and hold out til i lift