Lighting opinions

why not just clear the denali headlights? should look good either way, i just figured the denalis would be a bit better quality. bottom set on bumper lights imo. should look good man

Quality on the clear ones I bought are great, I know a few people that have these and I've had a set in my hands before. Clearing the Denalis are a pain in the anus, they need to be cut up and don't like the look of them cleared. The spot where the amber reflector is just a big flat spot and looks funny to me. See below.

They break easily :imo:

:dewwhut: wat?

9l9s.jpg

See? This is what I was talking about, they look good from the front, not from the side. :imo:

Clearing the Denalis are a pain in the anus, they need to be cut up and don't like the look of them cleared.

Not true. I read some of the writeups, and noticed that they all said it was required to dremel the lip away to pick away as much of the gray adhesive as possible. Being anal retentive and not wanting to cut up my housing, I went at each headlight with a 1000 degree F heatgun, spent about 6-8 minutes working around the perimeter of the lens, and was able to separate the lens from the housing while keeping everything intact and pulling the gasket away in one piece. I can't comment on what kind of adhesive aftermarket housings use, but OEM headlights can be quite straightforward given sufficient heat and time.