Le slicksierra build thread

That's the size my ballasts have been from a few different places :shrug: truck looks hokd.man, I need to wash mine too haha

That's the size my ballasts have been from a few different places :shrug: truck looks hokd.man, I need to wash mine too haha

Im hoping hokd is a good thing lol, an ya cant see all the scratches and swirls in le iphone pics :happeh: Still need a paint correction. Maybe will post more tomorrow if i can stand the cold.

So I installed my HID kit today. Went fairly smooth.
This is where I mounted my ballasts with my old raptor style ballast brackets. I just kept the wrapping on the ballasts to keep them in good shape, ran the supplied zip ties through the holes on the ballasts and brackets to hold them in place, as well as clamped down the arms on the brackets to further stabilize the ballasts.

y8a7e5u8.jpg

Then began to work on installing the bulbs and this happened...

erapyra3.jpg

My frozen ass hands fumbled the bulb and dropped it. It broke. So instead of my 4500k bulbs I had to put back in some spare 5000k 9005 I had.

Now onto the bed cap pics!

depu4u9y.jpg

agajyrav.jpg

adajazy8.jpg

bydatyme.jpg

And yes I need a bed liner...

I hate to burst your bubble but I had them bed rail liners on the truck when I bought it. It fucked up the paint from flopping around and I was replacing 2 sided 3m take twice a year. Royal pain in the ass.

Well that's not good. But I do have a clamp on bedcover that clamps onto the rails and I also have a tool box too that will hold it in place. I guess only time will tell

:lol: at frozen ass hand. And damn, that's a longg cap :crazy: I had mine for a year now and it's perfectly fine, I think

sent from your HTC Rezound

me bare bed sides are some what dented and chipped so It would take a lot of work for over the rails but under the rails line-x would be sickkkkk

Finally got my new bulbs in for my HID's. Fit perfectly much better than my 9005's obviously :lol: and the color is great. I opted for 4500K because it seems everyone around here runs 5-8k and I was tired of the blue looking light on the ground. These really look almost like halogen until you turn on the high beams

yma4ymap.jpg

Next to halogens

yzyhy5u6.jpg

Can't wait to run them tonight

It's night.

And they are great! :rock: The 4500K is perfect. Now that the bulbs have run some they seemed to have gotten more white and less yellow. Im running Strictly HID's digital slim ballasts with Kensun 4500K bulbs. So far it has been awesome, best HID set up I have had yet. I had worries after seeing your post that my slim ballasts would make my 4500K bulbs blue but luckily they did not. These ballasts are worlds better than my last set that flickered bad, and died from water right before Christmas.

Speaking of HID's... did you get your package yet tonnehh?

Both you guys :crazy:. Mailed them on the same day. Yeah they should be there definitley by saturday if not by friday or tomorrow, that goes for both of you guys :lol: