Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

Son. Get a cheap spray bottle. Add mineral spirits. Spray on frame. Agitate with steel wool. Spray. Wipe off. Looks new. You're welcome.

Did a little frame scraping, prepping, and painting in preparation for the new wheels. Stripped almost all of the undercoat off the front with a wire brush for a drill. It sucked and kept getting clogged. Also scuffed the body color part up top and used some duplicolor undercoat on that as well as the front xmember, sprayed the rest with krylon satin black

717d501e4fb4b21c636b6df6c14af374.jpg

d0d8d04153b191371835ef6fa73d9802.jpg

6d716245d66c505e4436a4a036f7434e.jpg

fdfec58fdf88d8dc442e00904d8b2b87.jpg

ef62a3951685b6af13095353e87517eb.jpg

Didn't strip the rear, just scuffed with a hand wire brush and painted till I can figure out a better way to strip it. Also did the undercoat in the rear fenderwells. Gotta get one more can, ran out finishing the drivers rear so it's thin
3cc960212226315394c7aa905a1e9219.jpg

15e85de9c2a4e62750821e92c96a8d52.jpg

c0470e14d786c1b28baa1bb4412d1ce9.jpg

Sent from Tapatwat

Nice. Should get some fender liners in the rear. I love mine.

looks bueno zach. I did the front portion of the frame when I had it all torn apart for uca's and that made it much easier. and I just half-assed the back fenders and a little bit of the frame before a show one time lolol
Seriously how far up the frame did you go? Only the wheel wells?
that's all I did when I did mine :rofl: I plan to do cab-back if/when I ever pull the bed and the cab-forward if/when I ever get bored enough :rofl:
Son. Get a cheap spray bottle. Add mineral spirits. Spray on frame. Agitate with steel wool. Spray. Wipe off. Looks new. You're welcome.
:hmm:

Hmmm....I'll give it a shot. Had a couple spots on the front that I wanna try to get better too

Nice. Should get some fender liners in the rear. I love mine.
I was planning on those when I do the 1.5" bodylift along with the 2500 front liners. Did you use those on your gasser to hide the BL?

The liners are overall nice. The fit is decent but I have them tucked behind the lip of the fender to be a little cleaner then bolting them in

The factory goo wipes right off. Look at the thread on graysgraystone truck. Posted pics in there when I did my front end....

:shake: Thanks for the tip. Cuz that wire brush didn't work well at all

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Ok, question. I'm looking for some new lug nuts for the new wheels and I'm planning on spacers (1.5") most likely, do I need a specific length lug nut? Or will anything work? Like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-CHROME-51MM-SPLINE-DRIVE-LOCKING-LUG-NUTS-LUGS-W-KEY-FOR-WHEEL-M14X1-5-/321475854459?fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500

or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-CHROME-TRUCK-LUG-NUTS-14X1-5-FITS-MOST-CHEVY-GMC-CADILLAC-TRUCKS-1-9-TALL-/141146674443

most spacers come with lugs to mount spacer to hub... and then the lugs tony posted will work nicely to mount wheel to spacer. You may have to trim the nipple of the studs on the hub for the 1.5" spacers though. I've heard some say they had to and others that didn't. no biggie.

Depending on if the wheel has recesses on the back you'll have to trim the round part of stud. No thread. For some reason I despise spine nuts. I have cheap chrome hex. But I did buy non marring sockets for them. I suggest you look into the larger lugnuts because the holes are OE sized on those IIRC. Matt has his OE polished 22mm lugs on his 22s like that. Robbie probably could've hooked you up on those as well.

Depending on if the wheel has recesses on the back you'll have to trim the round part of stud. No thread. For some reason I despise spine nuts. I have cheap chrome hex. But I did buy non marring sockets for them. I suggest you look into the larger lugnuts because the holes are OE sized on those IIRC. Matt has his OE polished 22mm lugs on his 22s like that. Robbie probably could've hooked you up on those as well.

Yeah didn't think about asking him about lugs. No big deal tho. I actually kinda like the spline ones. I'm assuming these wheels will have the reliefs but if not, no big deal I'll just cut the nipple off each stud

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Here's the best spacers I've found so far. Anybody got any better deals/links?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X5-5-14MM-...iter_Display:5.3L&hash=item2ed56aabf5&vxp=mtr

Hmmm....I'll give it a shot. Had a couple spots on the front that I wanna try to get better too
I was planning on those when I do the 1.5" bodylift along with the 2500 front liners. Did you use those on your gasser to hide the BL?
Yeah I had them on the rear. Have them on the dmax now

The liners are overall nice. The fit is decent but I have them tucked behind the lip of the fender to be a little cleaner then bolting them in

Mine just have 2 fender support bolts holding them in.