how to paint my chrome front end to color match???

rednekferlife101

Sep 13, 2012
PA
hey im new to the forum sorry if this is in the wrong place. i just got a 2012 silverado with the max trailering package so the painted front end wasnt an option for me and im not a fan of all the chrome. i want to get the painted front end for it but they didnt have a z71 apperence package for my color i have the graystone metallic. so question is can i have the chrome painted? or would i have to buy a w/t front end or a painted front end and get it repainted? thanks a lot guys. not sure how to post pics? but my truck front end is all chrome end caps and all, its just too much chrome for me!

You can do it either way. I have had multiple plastic chrome and sprayed chrome pieces done. MEtal they can sandblast, plastic will jsut be scuffed. It really depends on how good your guy is. Ive never had any chip or flake

Ok thanks a lot im taking it to a place tomorrow morning see what they say and how much. Also found a site that sells the end caps in steel give it a little sturdiness

na2ete6y.jpg

It can be done super easy my painter just did my grille... I bought a w/t rear bumper and had it painted, then just sandblast my front then had it painted...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Massive prep will need to be done on the chrome-clad plastics, but they can be painted. For the real chrome pieces you can get them powdercoated, it will act as a primer for paint and minimal prep will need to be done. .