Have to get new exhaust, help/opinions

Hats off to the cop for having you put some mufflers on

Never heard a completely straight piped gas truck that was even close to sounding good

Hats off to the cop for having you put some mufflers on

Never heard a completely straight piped gas truck that was even close to sounding good

They were mainly my choice because I just wanted it to be as loud as it possibly could without cutting it off (talk about sounding like shit), I agree with you a good muffler does have way better sound I just wish I could find one to match the volume of straights with the sound of the muffler :(

They were mainly my choice because I just wanted it to be as loud as it possibly could without cutting it off (talk about sounding like shit), I agree with you a good muffler does have way better sound I just wish I could find one to match the volume of straights with the sound of the muffler :(

Maybe this can help a little better. It's Not a NBS, and I had my cats on but this was my 6.2 with a single straight and then a 15x5 round case sportsman 3.5" in/out borla XR-1. It was a little quieter until WOT. Then it was as loud as my straight damn near.

http://youtu.be/MitXE7FAv7Q

Sent from Tapashit

Maybe this can help a little better. It's Not a NBS, and I had my cats on but this was my 6.2 with a single straight and then a 15x5 round case sportsman 3.5" in/out borla XR-1. It was a little quieter until WOT. Then it was as loud as my straight damn near.

http://youtu.be/MitXE7FAv7Q

Sent from Tapashit

Sounds perfect, would like to hear this on a 5.3. Bad ass truck by the way, what size lift?

Sounds perfect, would like to hear this on a 5.3. Bad ass truck by the way, what size lift?

alecks has long tubes, no cats and a borla xr-1 on a 5.3 nnbs and it sounds damn near the same as mine did with factory manifolds on a 6.2.

and that was a 7" showoff

Gmc sierra 6.2 straight pipe vs borla XR-1 - YouTube

Sent from Tapashit

I forgot about you having that setup, sounded damn good Jimmy. Is that a duramax tail section?

and im sure it sounds like complete fucking shit, and you lost proformance, true duals are garbage, why do you think proformance guys run x pipes? because they like trying to make a big x fit under the car?
Only homos try to balance out exhaust pressure from both sides of the motor