from gmc to Silverado

Fred 4/6

Apr 24, 2013
Alright guys I need some major help with deciding what step I want to take next.
This is how my baby looks now.

should I do this grill, but not hd hood I'll go with a cowl hood.

Or should I go Chevy front, cowl hood, hd grill, hd bumper pad, z71 valence?

Open to any and all comments.

Last edited:
Cowl looks alright on the black truck, but HD hood looks sweet too. I think either or would look good.

03+ GMC grille on 99-02 front end looks good from far, far from good. It doesnt fit the bumper lines at all, and stocks out to far

01-02 hd front end

I like the hd hood more than the cowl. I think the 01-02 hd is the best looking in the gmt800. I have the tahoe z71 valance to keep the tow hooks but if I didn't need them I would do the ss bumper. It would take custom molding though.
asamuvyd.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Besides getting the fenders, hood, hd grill, hd bumper pad, and z71 valence what would it take me to convert my truck? As far as Wilding and modification

horn brackets, all the lights.

All 99-02 silverado and sierras have the same frame horns.

You will have to cut the frame horns off and weld them lower in order to fit the hd bumper cap and grille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for chiming in Brett! While you're here I have another question, do the fenders just unbolt and bolt right back up or are they welded to?

Thanks for chiming in Brett! While you're here I have another question, do the fenders just unbolt and bolt right back up or are they welded to?

Everything else is direct bolt on replacement. If you buy aftermarket parts, don't be surprised if you need work to make the gaps all correct. Aftermarket fenders and hoods rarely line right up, but the actual way they all bolt on are the same

Last edited:
Cool beans man. Thanks for all the input guys I'll be posting pics at the end of summer if it all goes as planned

I do believe that's what he is saying. With some projectors. But I didn't like how the danali looked with the hood and and the color.