Dakota's build thread

Well I took the dash apart at work to install esky shifter and the fgt torx screw stripped on the factory shifter :pissed: gonna try to mess with it more later..got dark out now, not sure what its gonna take but it's like that bitch is one with the shifter

:rofl: You have my luck. Something simple with one fucking bolt holding it on turns into a nightmare.

Yea no shit, I went and bought some torx sockets and its so rounded that they won't do anything at all.. Not really sure what to do at this point, my dad suggested cutting a slit in the screw with a Dremel then using a flat head but I just don't know if I can see that working

Yea no shit, I went and bought some torx sockets and its so rounded that they won't do anything at all.. Not really sure what to do at this point, my dad suggested cutting a slit in the screw with a Dremel then using a flat head but I just don't know if I can see that working

Thatll work, we do that at work alot. We cut slits into bolts we cant get out and just unscrew them, alot of time we will put the slit on the oppisite end of the bolt and just unscrew backwards.

The bolt doesn't come out the other side if the shifter where it bolts in so the opposite end is deep inside the threads..probably try cutting a slit and if that doesn't work I guess Ill just sell this shifter and keep it stock :okay: