2013 F-150 FX2 SuperCrew

Honestly, I'd get a couple other opinions, that seems insanely high to me. If the others are in the same vicinity and you don't really wanna get rid of the truck, you might see about withdrawing the claim (not sure that can be done). Around here, we have several PDR guys that work as independents and are very reasonably priced. Something like that (especially if you pulled the headliner down for them) would probably run ~800-1500 with those guys.

A coworker had ~5 dings in one door, a couple more in the other, a couple pretty good dings and creases in each bedside of his 07 NBS HD and got all that done for $350.

I personally would see how much it is to buy it back and what bullshit you would have to go through. Then buy it back and have a PDR guy fix the issues and keep the truck and pocket the difference.

Reactions: Huck
withdrawing the claim is not in the cards, this was my initial thought as well.
I hopefully hear something today, which i'll have them layout all of my options to then make a decision.

They've got some '24s at a good deal plus plenty leftover '23s i'd be interested in.

With that being said, i'd rather not get rid of it so i can continue to stack cash to get what i really want later down the road.

Reactions: DirtyBlackHoe
all clear, repair shop had an error on their estimate, covered 100% on insurance. Hopefully have it back tomorrow.

Rear camera replacement upcoming - sporadically will flip the view, lose the guidelines, or give me a blue screen. $40 off amazon and should be good as new.
New windshield alongside the PDR so a retint will be in the works as well. 50% again.

all clear, repair shop had an error on their estimate, covered 100% on insurance. Hopefully have it back tomorrow.

Rear camera replacement upcoming - sporadically will flip the view, lose the guidelines, or give me a blue screen. $40 off amazon and should be good as new.
New windshield alongside the PDR so a retint will be in the works as well. 50% again.
I am so glad this worked out right. Very awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

kicking the tires on a Explorer ST - 400hp grocery getter. 500hp+ for about $1700 via tune/intercooler. Something different. My concern is going to a midsize SUV from an interior space aspect. Measurements are only 1-2" smaller than the Sierra so may not be much of a squeeze as i'd anticipate.

kicking the tires on a Explorer ST - 400hp grocery getter. 500hp+ for about $1700 via tune/intercooler. Something different. My concern is going to a midsize SUV from an interior space aspect. Measurements are only 1-2" smaller than the Sierra so may not be much of a squeeze as i'd anticipate.
Those things are damn rockets! I know it would be fun as hell to drive and way more daily driver friendly.

I actually really like those things. They look good, are roomy, RWD/AWD on this generation and they're freakin quick. Only downside is they don't sound great with exhaust.

All it takes is a wash for me to second guess getting rid of it. Considering a good detail - cut and polish - to really bring it back. It really has held up well after 11.5yrs though just from semi-regular washes and off the shelf products.

I've been putting off getting UCA's for my current lift setup so those will be going on in the next couple weeks. JBA has a cult like following from the toyota guys and they just came out with a set for F150's. Bolt in replaceable balljoint being the deciding factor. Shop recommended SPC adjustables but didn't want to run the risk of finding a shop to know how to properly adjust them and the risk of under torqueing them. Tires are about due - was hoping Nitto would add 285/55 to the new Terra Grappler G3 but they have no plans for additional 22" sizes. Falken Wildpeak AT4W's are front runners. Even thought about the Yokohama AT's but have a feeling i would instantly regret them as they are too close to a hwy tread. Wouldn't mind a quieter ride though.
Compress_20241006_171916_6159.webp

Reactions: Huck
With the cost of new vehicles, plus how good the F150 already looks, I would be REALLY tempted to keep it man.

Put some Falken AT4W's on it and enjoy the ride and quiet man. I have always loved your truck and think that you would regret getting a new one and paying that absurd payment.

I'm with B, that gen F150 was a good one and yours is in great shape. Just do a few things to it to fall back in love with it. I'm done buying and selling for a good while, every time I get the itch, I'll just buy parts lol

Reactions: DirtyBlackHoe