Replacement for Huck's Yukon (kind of)

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Well…believe it or not, my oldest is going to start driving in October. I have been looking for a few months for a replacement since he has begged for the Yukon since I brought it home. Yukon will still be in the stable, and I figure that between me and the oldest, I will get to drive them both whenever I want.

It is the following:

2005 Silverado CCSB 2WD

5.3 / 3.23 gear

I bought this from the original owner. It has high miles (274k) but it is immaculate. It has a few oil leaks, but that is typical for something with this many miles. It is at my buddy’s shop right now being looked over, and once he looks it over and re figure out repairs, I will start with the mods. This one will be very simply done mods wise.

Ordered mods waiting for install:
Husky Weatherbeaters
Painted Escalade handles including tailgate
Taillights
Drop Shackles
Interior LEDs

Next Mods:
Tint

Eventual mods
OEM 20 or 22 take offs
System
Headers/Exhaust/Tune
4.10 Gears and Eaton TruTrac

PXL_20240707_184511322.jpg

Screenshot_20240707-181916.png

Screenshot_20240707-181920.png

Last edited:
Me!

I got you if ur using hptuners. I've been tuning for a bit now (got tired of trying to find a quality tuner myself)
That's how my buddy up here got into it. Took it to a claimed "tuner" and it cost him a 6.0. He started play with HP around 2012/13 and has built a pretty good business with it since

That's how my buddy up here got into it. Took it to a claimed "tuner" and it cost him a 6.0. He started play with HP around 2012/13 and has built a pretty good business with it since
Yup,

When you get tired of paying 5-600$ for a crappy cookie cutter tune from tuner who claims "hes the best thing since sliced bread" and it ends up being a torque management delete/crap speed density tune.

I blew up pretty big out here since I'm probably one of the few that will actually do a blended tune.

Reactions: Huck
Yup,

When you get tired of paying 5-600$ for a crappy cookie cutter tune from tuner who claims "hes the best thing since sliced bread" and it ends up being a torque management delete/crap speed density tune.

I blew up pretty big out here since I'm probably one of the few that will actually do a blended tune.
Yeah, it's not super hard but alot of guys are too dumb or don't care. He's offered to show me how and sorta let me take it over cuz he's getting burnt out on all the BS terribly built stuff he has to deal with. Alot of V8 swapped NBS trucks done poorly or alot of extremely poorly put together LS swapped C10s

Yeah, it's not super hard but alot of guys are too dumb or don't care. He's offered to show me how and sorta let me take it over cuz he's getting burnt out on all the BS terribly built stuff he has to deal with. Alot of V8 swapped NBS trucks done poorly or alot of extremely poorly put together LS swapped C10s
Yea thats my problem with a lot of these guys. They are running NA builds but too lazy to run a maf and o2s. Then wonder why their cars run like shit if they take it to another state etc etc. How do you expect the vehicle to run right when your VE tables are mapped for 3000ft altitude and your take it to 10ft...

Yea thats my problem with a lot of these guys. They are running NA builds but too lazy to run a maf and o2s. Then wonder why their cars run like shit if they take it to another state etc etc. How do you expect the vehicle to run right when your VE tables are mapped for 3000ft altitude and your take it to 10ft...
Lol exactly. I've gotten a good education on it the last couple years. Not only from my buddy who mostly does home built stuff but another buddy of ours used to work for Detroit Speed and gets flown all over the country to tune big dollar stuff. The stories they tell of other tuners or fixing stuff other people have "tuned" is hilarious

Lol exactly. I've gotten a good education on it the last couple years. Not only from my buddy who mostly does home built stuff but another buddy of ours used to work for Detroit Speed and gets flown all over the country to tune big dollar stuff. The stories they tell of other tuners or fixing stuff other people have "tuned" is hilarious

Thats a lot of what I've been doing. I just end up flashing back to stock and starting over fresh. Its funny when clients wonder why my tunes (in person) will take a few hours and their previous tuners only took 15 minutes. Shit takes time when your doing it right...

I will 100% hit you up man. I got 2 buddies that have HP tuners. Would we just do datalogs and I send you the files?

I do not :(

Thats gonna be needed, see if someone has one u can use. I dont tune with canned tunes and WOT pulls will require a wideband. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a tune without verify against a wideband. I dunno how people are tuning without it.

Thats gonna be needed, see if someone has one u can use. I dont tune with canned tunes and WOT pulls will require a wideband. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a tune without verify against a wideband. I dunno how people are tuning without it.
Got any suggestions? I might just order one.

@Huck you got one I could borrow?

Got any suggestions? I might just order one.

@Huck you got one I could borrow?
Sure don't buddy. My tuner just brings his
Thats a lot of what I've been doing. I just end up flashing back to stock and starting over fresh. Its funny when clients wonder why my tunes (in person) will take a few hours and their previous tuners only took 15 minutes. Shit takes time when your doing it right...
My buddy told me a story recently of a local older guy (50s) that he's known for several years and knows what he does. Wanted his NNBS Tahoe tuned. Had a random misfire that took 2 days to diagnose and fix the issue, then give it a tune up and finally tune. He gave the guy the family and friends discount (I think charged him like $700 plus parts) and the dude wigged out on him. This is why he's getting burnt out and has offered to teach me and let me take it over. I might take him up on it when I'm not travelling so much for work but that side of the business sucks. But that's also any business.