LED head light bulbs? any info/details on them ?

the only other benefit i see of running an LED headlight is that you can have your lights on for probably 2 days before the battery is dead especially if you have 2 batteries.

so if i get the retro D2 3.0 kit for my low beam and HID bulbs for high-beam and low-beam would that be a prime set up? or should i retro both my high and my low?

ideal setup is HID lows in retro with HIR for highs. See for miles ( or atleast parts of miles, I can get almost 1/2 mile of lit road in front of me )

I'm going to give it a shot with the lifetime led headlights.
3100 lumens each. 70w and shouldn't have issues with flickering in a CANBUS system like my cummins has.
I'm having a fucked time. Tried both morimoto harnesses And my shit will just shut off when I'm driving.
Tried the mopar spec harness and the inline canbus relay/error eliminator.
Both do the same BS.
Submitted a dealer app with lifetime led and it brings the cost down to about what a set of morimotos runs.
I'll let yall know how they turn out

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/super_bright_headlights_led_headlights_h13_70_watt
There's a link

Yeah I totally see LEDs being a good choice if they have a decent out put too be honest idgaf if I scatter light and blind people I got better shit to spend my money on then retro fitting my headlights and 1/2 the people in BC run HID's in stock headlight housing anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to give it a shot with the lifetime led headlights.
3100 lumens each. 70w and shouldn't have issues with flickering in a CANBUS system like my cummins has.
I'm having a fucked time. Tried both morimoto harnesses And my shit will just shut off when I'm driving.
Tried the mopar spec harness and the inline canbus relay/error eliminator.
Both do the same BS.
Submitted a dealer app with lifetime led and it brings the cost down to about what a set of morimotos runs.
I'll let yall know how they turn out

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/super_bright_headlights_led_headlights_h13_70_watt
There's a link

Please take a picture of the output of these when you get them installed :up:

ideal setup is HID lows in retro with HIR for highs. See for miles ( or atleast parts of miles, I can get almost 1/2 mile of lit road in front of me )

I don't want HID's since a) they draw a lot of power output b) they tend to go bad a lot c) still have a whole separate wiring harness

The less electronic shit I have under my hood the better it is

I don't want HID's since a) they draw a lot of power output b) they tend to go bad a lot c) still have a whole separate wiring harness

a.) power is only at start up for mili-seconds. other then that, they are less power consumption

b.) I've had 3 sets in the past 6.5 years, never had an issue with any. Current ballasts are 6 years old.

c.) harness isnt a big deal, it takes up barely any space.

Jesus Christ Marc, if everyone in BC wanted to jump off a mountain, would you too? Because you just wouldn't give a fuck?

And this is why I hate most people with "modified" automobiles. It's the idgaf about the other people that have to be blinded by your decision

The less electronic shit I have under my hood the better it is

a.) power is only at start up for mili-seconds. other then that, they are less power consumption

b.) I've had 3 sets in the past 6.5 years, never had an issue with any. Current ballasts are 6 years old.

c.) harness isnt a big deal, it takes up barely any space.

A. SEE ABOVE

B. 2 sets in 6 years

c. don't even use a relay harness

also arent you selling the truck anyway?

Last edited:
A. SEE ABOVE

B. 2 sets in 6 years

c. don't even use a relay harness

also arent you selling the truck anyway?

lmfao HID's draw LESS power than halogens. Only draw more when they ignite, which is fractions of a second

:themoreyouknow:

EDIT. You realize that for around the same price, you could have a ballin' retro? The added bonus is the fun of seeing your cutoff on distant objects

Last edited:
lmfao HID's draw LESS power than halogens. Only draw more when they ignite, which is fractions of a second

:themoreyouknow:

EDIT. You realize that for around the same price, you could have a ballin' retro? The added bonus is the fun of seeing your cutoff on distant objects

my response might have been written under the influence of drunkenness...

but yeah i just want to see how J.mo and roundsy's response too out put. if they are good then i will be running LED's without retro's....

if i had a gmc id retro in a second but just going though pictures yesterday of retro'd silvy headlights, including James headlight Ive decided that i really do not like them.

also i dont like HID's for the reasons posted previously.

also the benefit of the LED's are pretty great especially since they use no power to run them. so either i would run and HID without retro or a LED without retro and i think LED would be the better choice if the output is good.

Last edited:
So after every argument against running leds/hids in a halogen housing, including the safety concerns to other drivers on the road, you're still doing it.

:clap:

whats the purpose of you going HID/LED, just to get the 6000k color?

yes and more light output, and now with the LEDs i dont have to worry about my lights dying when lighting up a game of beer pong and pond hockey.

i will also be doing 6 high mod and have LED cubes in my fogs at some point.

ok, if you want the color, they make halogen bulbs that will be pretty close to matching.

output, it may look brighter with HID's/LEDs, but its not gonna be focused, its going to be everywhere deeming that extra light to not actually do shit for your actual output.

my response might have been written under the influence of drunkenness...

but yeah i just want to see how J.mo and roundsy's response too out put. if they are good then i will be running HID's without retro's....

if i had a gmc id retro in a second but just going though pictures yesterday of retro'd silvy headlights, including James headlight Ive decided that i really do not like them.

also i dont like HID's for the reasons posted previously.

also the benefit of the LED's are pretty great especially since they use no power to run them. so either i would run and HID without retro or a LED without retro and i think LED would be the better choice if the output is good.
Problem:
so if they say output is good with LEDs you're going to buy HIDs
but you think LEDs would be a better choice than HIDs
and either way you're going to do it without projectors....

Solution
how about you just do everyone a favor and sell your damn truck already like you keep asking if you should, and buy a fucking honda so youll have more money to spend on your house in addition to the $100 a month you have putting into your buy a house fund, and buy a house somewhere without internet service.

Results:
everybody on the road doesn't have to deal with your fucking glare
you dont give HIDs or LEDs a bad rap
we dont have to deal with your stupidity anymore