obs tyc alignment problems

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
alright i got some tyc elegante headlamps and the mofos wont align i know how

to do it but when i stick a socket through the holes on the core support to turn the screw like things the light doesnt move at all, ive tried doing this with and without the grille shell on and nothings working and im starting to get frustrated bc it shouldnt be this hard.

i know its easy but why wont the damn lights cooperate?

am i doing something wrong??

IMG_3568.jpg

passenger side sticking out need to come in towards center of truck
IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

driver side needs to come down
IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

driver side sits flush
IMG_3573.jpg

screw/bolts to aim
IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

the glass housing i had on before set great and looked beautiful just didnt have the bulb cover on low beam so if i ran hids those bitches would blind people and glare like hell.

heres some finished pics they are done the best they can be.....not fully satisfied but hey what can ya do they still set a little crooked
IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

Swap out the mounting brackets with your stock lights. I've heard of this having to be done before.

Try the brackets from the glass housings.

Then shim them. OR, go to the pick'n'pull and grab a faded ass set of OBS headlights for 5 bucks. Grab the mounting hardware and toss the headlights.

Use thin washers as shims. Kinda ghetto but it works

well driving with them at night behind my buddy he told me they didnt look high or blind him at all and i got in front of him a ways and they gave me good output, today i ended up making some little spacers and fit one above the passenger light and one below the driver to straighten them so they look good to me and ya cant notice the spacers unless u look for em

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

some shots lit up
i really need to do the 4 hi mod after i get hids in my lows
lows
IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

highs
IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

leds looking through the rear window( need to get dif leds for hvac controls gonna get some brighter ones since the whole hvac system doesnt light up)
IMG_3606.jpg

led tailgate bar
IMG_3605.jpg

Last edited: