NNBS Bumper Cap Removal

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Can anyone shed light on this? I haven't checked it out yet but advice is always good to have when starting a project.

I hit a deer a few months ago and it bent my passenger side cap in about an inch. Want to get it all straight and flush before I put 35s on.

I've been told that there's two brackets behind it. A body shop wanted an arm and a leg to replace the brackets but I feel as though they could maybe be bent back into shape since the damage is very little.

Thanks.

Take the whole bumper off, 4 bolts holding the entire assembly to the truck, 2 under the grill, and 2 off to the side, 1 behind each cap.... then a few 10mm bolts later the end caps pop off

Do you know if bending the brackets is an option or are they too thick? I hit a grown ass deer at 80 mph and it moved the bumper an inch so I assume they're rather beefy.

Do you know if bending the brackets is an option or are they too thick? I hit a grown ass deer at 80 mph and it moved the bumper an inch so I assume they're rather beefy.

you can always bend stuff back, hammer and rachet straps do wonders. Also :lol: at grown ass deer at 80, a normal IA deer would have totaled you truck at 80

Haha it was about a 90 lb 4 pt lol. He wasnt huge but it sure fucking sounded like it. Bent the bumper, cracked a headlight lense, and left about a 5 ft scratch diagonally along my passenger doors.