Morimoto HIDS?

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Alright i want to get some hids and ive read the ddm are shit and read about vvme and a few people have said morimotos are good. im thinking 6k for the lows and maybe 5k for highs, curious as to what peoples opinions are. I saw a high beam correctional splitter on the retrofitsource site and was curious if i should get that and have the 4 hi mod then if i do get 6k and 5k they would both light up at once with highs on, but if i did highs and lows in hids is there any risk of overpowering something?

and of course the wiring harness is gonna be for 9006 lows and 9005 highs

9006: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Component Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

High Beam Correctional Splitters - Accessories from The Retrofit Source Inc

Honestly, in an OBS housing, I would buy the cheapest set of HID's if you MUST have them. Expensive hid's will look the same as shit ones in a non projector setting. Besides color that is.

Honestly, in an OBS housing, I would buy the cheapest set of HID's if you MUST have them. Expensive hid's will look the same as shit ones in a non projector setting. Besides color that is.

true projectors on obs look shitty as hell, just thinking about how long they will last, dnw to buy shitty kind if they will only last a few months if that

I gotcha, just don't want you thinking you have to spend $150 on morimotos either. Although they will probably be a better buy in the long run. But it is an OBS, how long are you going to keep it, a year, 5, 10?

Many have good luck with cheaper brands. Try a $30 ebay brand first, if it craps out on you, suck it up and buy morimotos. Or, think of it this way. If you blow $150 and hate it, you will be pissed...on the other hand, blow $30 and not be so pissed off.

I gotcha, just don't want you thinking you have to spend $150 on morimotos either. Although they will probably be a better buy in the long run. But it is an OBS, how long are you going to keep it, a year, 5, 10?

Many have good luck with cheaper brands. Try a $30 ebay brand first, if it craps out on you, suck it up and buy morimotos. Or, think of it this way. If you blow $150 and hate it, you will be pissed...on the other hand, blow $30 and not be so pissed off.

i understand the point your making, not sure how long ill keep it probably til i absolutely need a different vehicle, theres cheaper brands that are good i dont believe ya but im one of the types of people who would rather spend a bit more for a more reputable and longer lasting brand ya know?

one nice thing is the NBS use the same bulbs as the OBS so if he upgrades he can take the hid's with him

hmm didnt know that good point

i just dont know whether to just stick with lows or to get lows and highs, or whether or not to get the high beam correctional splitter for a 4 hi upgrade instead of

Well, if it weren't true $30 Hid's wouldn't be sold and spoke about on forums. Most here run DDM or Xentec, or some random ebay set. Vled, and VVME are two others...Hidgate is another.

IMO they are, but Eddie's gonna tell you I am dumb because I never purchased them for myself. They are hit or miss from what I can gather.

:rage:

DDM used to make good stuff, but lately it appears the quality has gone down hill. I am still running my DDM ballats from 3 years ago when I first got HIDs and they are firing my new Morimoto Bulbs in the mini H1 projectors. I do feel though I might be upgrading to the better morimoto ballats in the next few months but for now I will stick with them. I am using the 5000K mori bulbs and I like them. they have tons more color and white light then the DDM bulbs had, however mine had also gotten much older and colored shifted to hell and back.

DDM used to make good stuff, but lately it appears the quality has gone down hill. I am still running my DDM ballats from 3 years ago when I first got HIDs and they are firing my new Morimoto Bulbs in the mini H1 projectors. I do feel though I might be upgrading to the better morimoto ballats in the next few months but for now I will stick with them. I am using the 5000K mori bulbs and I like them. they have tons more color and white light then the DDM bulbs had, however mine had also gotten much older and colored shifted to hell and back.

i know the 5k are just a bit brighter then the 6k but have you had any type of flickering or problems?

The morimotos have no flicker, I have been running them for months on my retrofit and have had zero issues, I have 5000k.

sent from a Sammy Epic