How To: NBS Front Valance Raise/Level

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
Okay, so anyone with a NBS knows the front valance likes to hang down and get all droopy. Well for us lowered guys this can mean that if we back up and we catch the ground or put it in any bind that it will pull off of the truck. Mine used to do it really bad being @ 6" of drop up front.. well this easy and simple mod not only help keeps it from pulling off so easy, it also keeps it level and not looking droopy on the front. It might be a tiny thing no will will ask about but it really improves the way the front looks...

First things you will need are: Zipties, Drill, Drill Bit (You will need to raise truck, whether on a lift or jack it up alittle to get to where you can work.)

Now: Drill your first hole in the center of the valance directly under the skid plate hole, now drill two to each side of the center under where the skid plate ends. Now drill two holes on each corner of the skid plate itself, finally loop your zipties thru and don't tighten them yet. Now with your hand push valance up until it looks close to level then step back and look, keep tightening until it looks how you want, the two side zipties will be to help give it more stability and help hold it more... now enjoy your work that no one else will notice lol.

Onto the pictures..

zesege7a.jpg

yvasa7aq.jpg

de9a5y9e.jpg

demegumy.jpg

asa6eha6.jpg

Best pic of how it looks that I can get at the moment.. It will help the lowered guys a lot to keep from pulling the valance off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yea I hate getting too close to Fgt curbs and parking block things (whatever the hell you call them) cuz you can't hear it go over it but when tou back out it rips that shit off

That's why I park backwards lol this won't help with curbs so much but you know what I mean when you back up in a yard or something and catch a little bump or something that with this done won't be a big deal cause the valance won't pop off.

Yea I know what you mean, maybe if it doesn't sag in the very middle it won't get caught on curbs as much :shrug:

I still can't clear curbs even with it not sagging, mine still scrapes at every gas station entrance and all speedbumps.

I can clear the little ones but I'm only 5" up front any lower and I would be breaking cv axles daily lol

i park backwards. i had my valance ripped off at vatozone parking lot, rebar was above the parking block. i was fuckin heated. will do this when i repaint it... need to fix my little skid plate plastic, front two bolt holes broke.

Mines cracked all to pieces but it's holding on... so ready to finish LBJ and get new shocks, I put inner/outer Tie rods on and new UBJ and also flipped upper control arms.