Headlight bulb question

Nope, don't do it dude. Unless you don't mind not seeing shit. I had a set of leds in my fogs and all they did was look good, didn't have any sort of usable light output whatsoever.

big disappointment imo, would be so nice to have LED headlights

Escalade platinum has LED headlights...and there atleast 100 bulbs needed to get good light output. Fills up most of the damn headlight!

Yea as soon as I posted this I found a YouTube video and the guy was explaining that an LED makes a "flood" of light and really doesn't shoot far out.

I'm just looking for ideas for better looking headlights.

Don't want tacky eBay projectors and don't wanna use HIDs in my stocks again because they were fucking useless.

Look into HIR bulbs. They're halogens but have a higher output. I have some that I'll be putting in tomorrow hopefully. I'll review them when I do

^ Get them, I've had silverstars, but not those. I have heard though that the silverstar lights tend to burn out faster unless you disable dlr.

I want to see pics :D

Look into HIR bulbs. They're halogens but have a higher output. I have some that I'll be putting in tomorrow hopefully. I'll review them when I do

This, running them in my high beams. They HIR stands for Halogen Infrared Reflecting. They have a special coating on the bulb to reflect the infrared wavelength of the light being put out by the filament, back towards the filament. In turn the filament puts out more visible wavelength light, meaning MOAR LIGHT. :megusta:

Didn't grab any pics as I was running late, but overall I like these. Slightly less bright than my hids, but definitely not as scattered. Going from hid high beams to these was great, not warm up time and a lot of brightness.

Exact reason I'm running them... Had them for 2 years in this truck, and 2 years in my Blazer before that... same set. Longevity FTW.

Good to know they last. I got Phillips brand so I'm confident they will be around for a while

When I bought them Toshiba was the only company making them... Then somehow Philips bought the patent or some shit and they're making it based off of the Toshiba design.