Dem wide tires in the winter

fuckfaceon33's

Oct 27, 2012
Hey guys, im debating which way I want to go with my new truck, lowered or lifted. Ive always loved the wide look on lifted trucks, and love the 15.5 wide MTZs. Has anyone here ran that wide of a tire in the winter on ice/snow? Is it white knuckle driving all the time or is it manageable? Ive driven 12.5s and they werent bad at all. Thanks for your input

my 305 Terra Graps in heavy snow squalls was a disaster, stopping, going, turning was just a total clusterfuck.

once the plows got out or it was packed down enough was easy, but after a fresh snow...wouldn't even bother leaving the house.

Thats kind of surprising, since my old truck on 12.5 mtz's does awesome whether its just snowed a foot or its all packed down. I think ive decided on just leveled on 33s, so I guess it doesnt matter.

Skinnier tires are always better in loose snow. When you have a wide footprint you "float" on the snow, lowering traction.

I noticed a difference going from 265's to 295's.

Edit: holy dig, my bad.

I run 285 A/T's year round. If there is snow on ground I'm usually in 4wd. Better safe than sorry.

Yes, I use my 295's year round, nothing impossible, I was just staying that I could surely notice a difference between 265's and 295's.