Cab Mount Question

Gannon

That Guy
Jun 10, 2012
Logansport, Louisiana
So I've been doing some research on this and most anwers lead to replacing the rear cab mounts. So what kind of project am I looking at? I just want to replace the rear ones only because my body lines don't line up. I'm hoping this fixes my problem. I was looking at these.

2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 Energy Suspension Body Mount Bushings 3-4150G - SummitRacing.com

Another question is since all I want to do is line up the body lines could I just use washers? Or is that a bad idea?

Here's what it looks like.

81C94A97-F824-451B-9C44-519643DF554E-599-00000012D699795C_zps14be763f.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Probably wouldn't hurt to do the mounts. It's not a huge task but it'd be an all weekend project.

And people use shims and washers all the time to line up beds and cabs. I have a spacer on both sides on the front mounts of my bed.

Thanks, so you would just put the washers in between the frame and old cab mounts? Sorry for all the questions, just never actually got down there and looked at how it's setup.

I'd put the washers between the cab and the bushing imo. You wouldn't need a huge washer like you would if you put it between the frame and bushing.

Seems like they were bigger than 3/4".
Just pull one of the rubbers off and there is a metal plate built into that. Measure it, reinstall and go find some close to the same size.

Jared might remember, but someone was talking about some type of new cab mounts that make the ride alittle better, don't know if anyone ever gave them a shot though