2014-18 RCSB Sealed 10" Sub Box

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
When I was trying to plan out how to add a single sealed 10 to my Reg Cab Sierra, there was a SERIOUS lack of info out there. Miss the NBS days when you could literally type in what you're doing on Google and a forum post would pop up. "This is how I mounted xxxx". So here's my contribution. It's simple, but oh well lol.

While I was adding my rear sliding window I decided to use the top right mount point for the window regulator to put a chunky L bracket onto the wall of the truck since I mounted that sucker with rivnuts. I just cut a slit in the carpet and sound deadening mat to to pop the bracket through. I also needed something to hold up the opposite corner of the box so it didn't sit on the jack, and that happened to be a 5" Table leg from Amazon lol. I got that idea from a custom box that someone offers for 99-06 RCSB pickups.

Local audio shop gave me a deal on an empty Rockford Fosgate box that they had collecting dust.

Pics of the setup. Hopefully this serves someone well in the future.

This is where I mounted the L bracket (your truck won't have that window regulator)
20240722_200709.webp

Final product with table leg mounted to the bottom left corner
20240724_200133.webp

The box sits just off of the jack now. I did also have to flip the tire iron kit 180 degrees so the box didn't sit on it.